Automatic (slow) repairs for Army and Mech

You've got an idea about making Days of Evil better? Then give it to us!

Automatic (slow) repairs for Army and Mech

Postby w0qj » Mon 3. Dec 2012, 19:06

This game is full of new ideas and promise!

However, for the casual player who plays only 1 hour per day, this game's micro-management is a bit too complex for the casual player.

Here are some detailed suggestions, mainly aimed at automatically repairing both your Army and Mech in 12 hours, so that the casual player can at least log in to enjoy doing Missions once per day, without excessive micro-management:

1) Both the Morale and Health of your Army should be automatically healed in 12 hours.
No need to use Stew to increase Morale of your Army.
No need to use Gold to increase health.
ie: When a casual player logs again the next day, his Army should be fully healed.

2) Both the Health and Fuel of your Mech should be automatically healed in 12 hours.
No need to use Gold to increase health of your Mech.
And automatically refueled Mech.
ie: When a casual player logs again the next day, his Mech should be fully healed.

3) For those hardcore players who attack or does Missions very often they still have the option to use Stew/Cash to repair their Army and Mech.

Hope Days of Evil developer will consider this, to help retain the casual DoE player base!
(Who knows, perhaps one day some of these casual DoE players will become Premium players!)
w0qj

Re: Automatic (slow) repairs for Army and Mech

Postby st0rm » Tue 4. Dec 2012, 09:15

I like the idea of the slow regeneration for health pretty similar to the one used in Monsters Game.
As for the fuel, while totally agreeing with it, I am not sure it will be implemented very soon as it seems you already get some free fuel per day when becoming a premium player. However, maybe it would be nice if the Mech would not consume fuel while idling. The consumption would start once sending the army on an Action (raid, dungeon, boss fight) or battle.

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby Uiqua » Thu 13. Dec 2012, 10:52

Hello w0qj!

A very interesting suggestion! I can't promise you to put it in one of the next few patches, but I wrote it down in our to-do-list, so that we won't forget and will discuss this point :-)

Cheers,

Uiqua
Uiqua
Administrator

Postby DemiFan » Wed 20. Feb 2013, 20:11

I like the idea of the mech not burning fuel while i am not there and not doing anything. I always wonder what the mech has been up to when I am away or not watching. Mechs are sneaky little things aren't they ?

DemiFan

Postby DemiFan » Wed 20. Feb 2013, 20:17

I have four Preservers, one Alchemist, four Protectors, one Elite Soldier, two Fairy Warriors, two Sandrunners, and one Orc. 15 in my army. I will have an Argeus in 37 hours and 35 minutes. I will begin to make an Assassin in twenty seven hours. I bet the Assassin takes three days or so to make. I want to give all of them Advanced training. I will sometime. It takes lots of gold and stuff but it makes them better.

I looked at some of the other Armies, it looks like some people don't make army members until they can make the good ones or dismiss the ones that they get at first.

I have not been playing the game a long time. When I come back to the game and my army has low health, I always worry if I had come back later some of them may have died. If I let their health get too low, do they die ? Might they all get killed if I send them to the Dungeons too soon ?

I like the idea of them healing a little over time, too.

Thank you.

DemiFan

Postby st0rm » Wed 20. Feb 2013, 20:41

DemiFan wrote:When I come back to the game and my army has low health, I always worry if I had come back later some of them may have died. If I let their health get too low, do they die ? Might they all get killed if I send them to the Dungeons too soon ?

No, they do not die. If their health is too low the game does not allow you to start a raid or a dungeon. :)

Cheers,
st0rm

P.S. For the time being it is better to train new, better, units than it is to upgrade the existing ones.
st0rm

Postby DemiFan » Wed 20. Feb 2013, 20:52

Thank you so much. If it was not for people like you I would have to figure out where the instructions are and read them.

You are the best.

:)

DemiFan

Postby st0rm » Wed 20. Feb 2013, 21:32

I'm not sure this is written anywhere, if it were I should have read them. I know it happened to be once or twice and had the same doubts as you did.
I'm glad I could be of help.

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby DemiFan » Thu 21. Feb 2013, 02:40

:)

You were much help.

I will sleep better tonite.

Thank you.

DemiFan

Postby rancor9999 » Fri 19. Apr 2013, 20:33

Must have missed this one on first pass through the forum.
Anyways sorry for opening an older post.
My thought is no on automatically healing mech, army. :evil:
Your army needs to eat to live so I view feeding/healing them as essential. Maybe using the food you make instead of gold to heal them might make a more balanced game since healing your army with gold takes up most of the gold you just got from the raid/dungeon/boss. Then we could get rid of morale and just make items to heal instead. :mrgreen:

Your mech is a machine and needs to be fixed so no on automatically healing that one.

As of today when your mech is idle, it does not use fuel so that must have gotten fixed.
rancor9999

Return to Opinions and suggestions