New player 'friendly' Market

You've got an idea about making Days of Evil better? Then give it to us!

New player 'friendly' Market

Postby Bored » Wed 24. Aug 2016, 11:04

It's a thing to sell high, it's another to make fun of new player. People shouldn't even be able to put wood, water, seed and so on highter than what the troll/system sell.

Also maybe adding some limit to new player ? i mean seeing a beer 100k on the market (random good at high price so don't bother looking it may or may not have such beer on the market but it's not my first time seeing such price for such item), i can't help but tell myself it's a economic suicide (dat fee). So either adding a limit on item to avoid new player to do such thing or giving new player something like a low-grade prenium than only make them avoid market fee for the first few week/month of their playing.
Bored

Re: New player 'friendly' Market

Postby Animalux » Wed 24. Aug 2016, 20:57

I've only seen one game which had a nice market system. It would regulate the prices accordingly, inflate them as the game would grow and you could only sell them within a limit. It helped keeping a nice game economy without prices being inflated by the players. Something similar would be nice here, but I'd guess it takes a bit of dev work.
The low-grade premium idea for new players doesn't sound bad, but don't newbies get some sort of bonus premium already? :? Might be mistaken.
Animalux

Postby Bored » Wed 24. Aug 2016, 23:22

What new player get is a special offer for 30 soul than give you 1 month premium, 1 month imp driver, 2 serf, frosty rune axe, 10k gold. However they start with 0 soul so unless they gather those soul themselve, actually they need to gather them themselve because paying at least +/- 4M gold for 30 soul is not a viable options for new player.
Bored

Postby Pangloss » Thu 25. Aug 2016, 08:48

Perhaps placing the troll items and their prices in the general market list would be a relatively easy update. A player would be able to easily compare the troll and user prices directly. And buy accordingly.
Pangloss

Postby Zarathos » Thu 25. Aug 2016, 09:44

Pangloss wrote:Perhaps placing the troll items and their prices in the general market list would be a relatively easy update. A player would be able to easily compare the troll and user prices directly. And buy accordingly.

Now THAT is a nice idea. Just make it like the 'System' seller with 'Troll market' instead.
Zarathos

Postby Pangloss » Fri 26. Aug 2016, 08:26

The system/troll items should also show up in the list of sellers when one clicks on "buy missing item" during a production run. Right now, it will show two sellers both selling water higher than .75

I occasionally place water and wood on the market at .76 and 1.66 respectively just to force a "ceiling price" but I really would prefer the system/troll items be displayed whenever user items are displayed - Others and myself wont need to "fix" market prices anymore to help prevent gouging.
Pangloss

Return to Opinions and suggestions