RECENT UPGRADE not fair to long time players

You've got an idea about making Days of Evil better? Then give it to us!

RECENT UPGRADE not fair to long time players

Postby GYNDE » Wed 10. Dec 2014, 19:52

Hmmmmm...

Speaking as an old player onthis server, almost 2 years, I must say that some of the items inthe new upgrade upset me.

Up until the most recent update - to do level 172 in the Labyrinth you needed to have 190532 combined Mech/Army strength to get the dark green green "..no threat".

Currently I have reduced to 128732 for level 172 and It still shows Dark Green.

SO that is at least a 60000 point drop.
ANd I still don't know how far it will drop before it turns to a light green it could go either way message.
This is the 2nd time the Labyrinth point requirements have dropped since the first months of the game.
I think it is not fair.

EXAMPLE. - pRIOR TO this upgrade if you had 128732 points you could only get to Level 109 of the Labyrinth.
Now you can get to level 171, or 62 levels higher, with the same combine army/Mech points - or an additional 444650000
experience points... yes, about 55,000,000 points short of level 25.
And yes, I know that I will also have the ability to gain points by the lowering of the requirements, but I really don't have much incentive since I am as high as one can go.. for now.

I think that the "easing" of the game, is in some ways a slap in the face to those of us who have struggled, waited, planned, and got to level 25 or get to heroic dungeons, or get to the Labyrinth level above 50.

I understand that some things must change. BUt I sit here and look and think, "Heck, with all the "new" gear, and lowering the Labyrinth requirements, the next crop of players will only have had to work HALF as hard as those of us who have already reached level 25.".
I mean,now, you're gonna have lots of people able to reach level 25 without much work. Be nice to have some sort of NOTE attached to our names saying "We did it the hard way."

Redles reached L25 , february 23, 2014 - the first on this server. over a year of playing, about 14 months
Antyhiggs reached L25 on or about April 7, 2014 - NOt sure how ling he had been playing
Pangloss and I on or about APril 18, 2014 reach L25
ionut675 and st0rm on or about August 12, 2014 reach L25
Woepsie - on or about September 18, 2014 reaches L25
D11M - on or about October 20, 2014 reaches L25
Coldfinger - November 26, 2014
ANd two days ago, Dutchie reaches the top.

Those are the 10 who in two years of the game being open, reached the top.
I will be interested to see how many, with this new lowering of standards and expectations, will reach the level.
I expect to see it double by the end of January.
(there are 166 on the German Server - this will also be interesting to watch - I may have another L25 as my German Server Evil Lord, as he can probably go 100 dungeons easily now

I hope the next upgrade will favor us senior players. More levels would be nice.
If you want to dumb down the game more, you could make that last Boss fight achievable at 100,000 combined Mech/Army strength.
Chapter 4 , 5, 6, 7. 8.9.10 might be nice...

Hmmmmmm.

I will probably keep on playing, as I have a lot of time in DOE.

But I hope folks will look at retention of us old guys and gals by giving us something to do besides make ore, leather, wood...

GENDY/GYNDE

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Re: RECENT UPGRADE not fair to long time players

Postby GYNDE » Wed 10. Dec 2014, 23:16

SO. After some time of doing a Labyrinth, and then carefully adding army/mech stat points until the next level turns dark green... The following is now in place:

Level 172 - 96792
Level 173 - 97228
Level 174 - 97664
Level 175 - 98100
Level 176 - 98536

The jumps between levels is now at 436 ----- Less than half of the previous level jump of 981.

wow.
WHen I get home I will put this into my Excel DOE formula sheets.
This is even worse than my original thoughts on how long time players sorta got screwed in this latest update.
Reaching Level 25 is no longer something "hard" to do.
I'll post up an analysis of where I was at what level and how the new folks will get that special boost.
( such as, if you had built your army/mech points to "X", you could do level "Y" of the labyrinth, but now, with that same army/mech level, you can do level "Y+65" -

I will post up the new level requirements on a new thread.

Am I whining? yeah... a little bit.
Everyone gets a trophy attitude.

Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
GYNDE

Postby woepsie » Wed 10. Dec 2014, 23:22

I don't think it's good, i don't think it's bad, that stuff gets less difficult. It still requires a lot of dedication to get somewhere, and i have plenty of goals left. It happens with most long-term games.

But what does the Lab have to do with progress? More points will not make you stronger right? It's only for the ranking. But i agree with you that a "hall of fame" for the first X people to reach lvl25 (like the demon shrine for guilds) would be appreciated. Our lead will be less, but we still get to brag about the eternal achievement we obtained. Maybe also a HoF for finishing chapters.
(that said, i'm sure some players can pass me if they max their Lab, but too late! I was 7th! Muahahahaha! Bragbrag!)

"It is not about the goal, it is about the journey" quote from some old Greek guy
(who is currently in my dungeons, undergoing some interesting and extensive "travelling" before reaching his terminal goal.)

Edit: I just read your second post. I'm curious about the numbers.
woepsie

Postby GYNDE » Wed 10. Dec 2014, 23:30

True, it's only for rankings.... :)

To find this out, I had to completely dis arm my army.. WHich cut in half my strength. to 98972 to complete the test (level 177 on the LAB).

So if you need wins, now is the time to hit me, because it will take a while to put all the stuff back on.... :)

GYNDE

Postby GYNDE » Thu 11. Dec 2014, 03:30

New GUIDE for the Labyrinth posted in GENERAL.

SO... :)

WIth the big drop in the requirments for the Labyrinth more people will reach LEvel 25 much faster.

*sigh*

Hopefully the next update might favor the older players with say more levels,
or fancy titles for us, or a new hall of fame...

Or maybe even NEW Army units :)

GYNDE

Postby stach » Sat 20. Dec 2014, 01:11

I'm having flashbacks of World of Warcraft and each expansion they came out with. lol

http://www.youtube.com/stachman
retired Counter-Strike 1.6 professional
stach

Postby woepsie » Sat 20. Dec 2014, 19:21

I guess it works the same for any online long-term game. The challenge for the devs is to keep the differences between the players as little as possible. Handicapping (nerfing in WoW-language hehe) the top players is no option, so they buff the smaller players.
woepsie

Postby Bored » Tue 23. Dec 2014, 08:19

Actually lowered the requiered score was mostly for old timer :p

I mean you get an elemental from the laby (unless i'm crazy :mrgreen: ) if they didn't change it, i don't even want to start thinking how much might someone who was already past 150 when the update got out would need to get his elemental for his first legendary.

I mean a new player can start getting elemental from his laby at lvl 1 while those laby maniac start gathering then when their laby is already high. It's even more unfair not changing anything than changing.

Also it's and yet not true about the fact score making you stronger. It's only true because of level rewards (item or lvl 25 epic) It's not much but it still make you stronger.
Bored

Postby woepsie » Wed 24. Dec 2014, 02:43

Oh yeah, elementals... good thinking Bored.
I remember Redles not being too happy when the legendary upgrade went active.
woepsie

Postby Bored » Wed 24. Dec 2014, 02:54

I didn't have to think far, it was the reason Uiqua gived us in one of the update post.
Bored

Next

Return to Opinions and suggestions