World Boss Event

You've got an idea about making Days of Evil better? Then give it to us!

World Boss Event

Postby Redles » Wed 10. Sep 2014, 05:35

Well, since we somehow can manage to work together I'm thinking about a world boss event.
This event could happen once maybe twice a year...lasting a week at most.

In this event all the evil lords could join forces to fight a great and powerful do-gooder and his/her army...or a giant hamster..whatever.

We would send our army to fight this opponent, which would use our ferocity points.
10 ferocity for a 10 minute fight or less.
50 ferocity for a 1 hour fight. (causing more damage.)

The rewards could be a combination of resources, gold, souls, honor and or random elements. (in small random quantities)
IF the boss is defeated, those who participated may elect an award based on the damage dealt. (Rewards again would be resources, gold, souls, honor and or random elements in a slightly larger quantity)
Perhaps it can be a reward bag of random stuff. Bags could range from Small/Medium/Large/Colossal (depending on damage dealt)

The world boss could show an hp bar that would decrease in actual time. Not sure how easy that would be to make.
I'm sure there are other things that I am not thinking of at this moment.

Overall, I think this would be really fun. :twisted:
134/140
Redles

Re: World Boss Event

Postby st0rm » Wed 10. Sep 2014, 05:46

Yes it would be fun. I totally support the idea. :)

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby Kagen » Wed 10. Sep 2014, 14:04

I totally sign this!

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But that ocean would be less, because of that missing drop."
Kagen

Postby D11M » Thu 11. Sep 2014, 18:32

I love it,but i think it should be like 1 boss per week/2 weeks or a month.Not just because i'm greedy but i think they won't develop something that will happen only twice a year.Love the idea and since almost all online games have bosses to fight we should have some too :D
D11M

Postby Bored » Fri 12. Sep 2014, 03:22

It would be nice if the WB had more than one "body part" attackable if we fight something like a big hamster x) or more than one corps if we fight a do-gooder with his army.

I mean a way to try to use your mind and get better score instead of simply sending mindless attack. Like one part/corps having 90% resist melee, 50% ranged and 10% magic, another 90% magic, 50% melee and 10% ranged and so on. Could be nice for newbie (or free user which usually have few epic units) making an anti-epic part/corps which could have something like 0% resist melee/ranged/magic but like 90~99% resist agaisnt Epic units. Heck, you can even do the meanie parts/corps which have pretty high resist agaisnt eveything for player above xxx xxx score but low resist againt player under that score xD No need to say some part will be killed faster than other but whatever since you would need to destroy all part to kill the WB (like the low melee resistance part/body because of both how common melee are and the epic equipement for ToS and Raleshi which are overkill and both melee)

I agree with D11m, making it more often than once or twice a years is better. Or making different kind of WB, like one every week being a *Normal* WB, one WB at tickets event being an *Harcore* one and lastly .... a nightmarish WB at the start of the new years =) Could also add some teasers Wb such as a winged child the 14 feb, santa (heck such a good doer should be killed more than once every years ... to bad he isn't a santa cat we could then smack it 9 time a years ... :twisted: )

Allowing us to choose our own gifts would be really n... ( wait what ? I can't, no, i musn't end this sentence !) My bad, my hand slipped, let's retry.

Allowing us to choose our own gifts would be really mean to us, just think about an every day case were there is 2 cakes you want but you can only afford one, isn't it heart breaking ? wouldn't you as an evil lord enjoy such a scene ? so you should Definitively allow us to choose our own gifts, if only for saving your evil reputation. Wouldn't it be bad if by mistake people start thinking you are going on the good side ?

Btw if we get to choose the rewards having some rewards "over time" could be n*** (Self-censure), like getting 1 water elemental once a week could be a long term Investment even if at first it look like a rip-off, at least compared to directly getting more water elemrntal in one go for a lower cost. (Like 1 water elemental for 10 points compared to getting 10 elemental for 1 points. Which isn't a exactly rip-off btw but more like a giga mega rip-off given it would need slighty less than 2 years (101 week to be exact) to start getting profit) Those number were only for the sake of expressing what i wanted to mean.

If you use such a system, to make it f*** (Self-censure) for smaller or weaker player, you make the points those thing can be bought from gainable based on the ferocity spend (in other words based on the participation) which to me seem the most fair (if you limit to 100, the ferocity which give you points, using anymore will only allow you to fight more and do more damage which would give another kind of points / rewards)

Didn't think it would end being this long ...
Bored

Return to Opinions and suggestions