Upcoming Upgrade.

You've got an idea about making Days of Evil better? Then give it to us!

Re: Upcoming Upgrade.

Postby Kagen » Mon 8. Sep 2014, 13:45

Here I have some news.
On german server there are some players who haven‘t gotten a drop of elemental earth since the update. This is Uiqua‘s anser:

Hello everyone,

yes, we took our time for the problem, because we wanted reliable results. After intensive analysis it was clear that you had an immense cube bad luck. That is the result after hunderds of simulated production processes.

Nevertheless we have changed the formula regarding the drop chances with the production, since we can understand your frustration.

After the new adjustment we tested again. The basis was a 24-hours-production with 30 buildings. In this case, we have simulated some hundred runs, as well. As average we now have 3 elemental drops per day as a result :)

Still, the longer a production is, the higher is the drop chance is.

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But that ocean would be less, because of that missing drop."
Kagen

Postby st0rm » Mon 8. Sep 2014, 14:19

This is good news, indeed. I found that the best drop rate for elemental earth was the 168hrs production (1 week). This is waaay too long to wait inbetween "harvesting" times. ;)

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby DiannaDark » Mon 8. Sep 2014, 21:03

I am told produce 100,000 of an item if you want an elemental.

xoxox
<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

C'est une vie de pirate pour moi. Buvez mes cœurs. Yo ho !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VmwODZkVU
DiannaDark

Postby Kagen » Thu 9. Oct 2014, 19:13

Hello everyone,
we decided to deal with this problem earlier than planned and therefore won’t release it with the update, because it has led to a lot of frustration and inequality which we fully understand. So the new script is online already which regulates the drop rate of elemental earth.

We discarded the old script completely, because it was not reliable concerning the generation of random numbers. Therefore we approached the matter from a totally different perspective (from the way of programming).

As a compensation every player beginning with level 4 can retrieve 100 elemental earths via a link on the fortress board.

For your information: The complete game is programmed in PHP.

In general: The longer the production lasts, the higher is the chance to obtain elemental earth.

Kind regards

Uiqua

The red line applies only to the german servers.

Uiqua also added two pictures for pros showing the old (in black) and new (in red) random generation.
Here is the link:
http://forum.daysofevil.com/viewtopic.p ... 120#p25756

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But that ocean would be less, because of that missing drop."
Kagen

Postby st0rm » Thu 9. Oct 2014, 20:20

Nice to share this info with us. :) Is the new script running on all servers or only on DE server?
On the compensation side, last week I, for one, did not get any elemental earth for 2 series of 48hrs production in a row (running 54 production processes each time) nor did I get any elemental air for 3 days consecutively (15 battles per day). I thought it was related to the randomness of elemental stuff being generated only to find this info now.
Anyone else experienced similar problems?
I do not want any compensation. I only want to know whether the new script is implemented here as well or are we running on the old one? :)

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby Kagen » Thu 9. Oct 2014, 21:01

As I understand your case, st0rm, you seem to have gotten your elemental stuuff regularly before that episode of receiving nothing, correct?
Then you are one of the few lucky who got stuff at all.
Additionally, this should be how it is intended. If you get stuff day after day, it should only be natural that there will be an episode where you get nothing for a few days. You know what I want to tell you?

I got practically nothing. Only got one elemental category and this only once.

As far as I can see, the new script is not implemented on the other servers, since there should be the compensation link as well, I guess, to make it fair. In addition, only the german servers experienced major lags the last few days. Maybe due to implementing the script, I don't know.
SO I guess, we are still running on the old script. Might also be the case to make sure that everything works fine now and we will get it in a few days.

:!: Only Uiqua can tell us if the new script is running.

Kagen

Postby st0rm » Fri 10. Oct 2014, 07:24

Yup, I completely understand your point and this is why I said I do not want any compensation. :)
The lags on DE servers were insane, especially on Sunday (all day) and Monday morning. All is fine now and back to normal.

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby Kagen » Wed 15. Oct 2014, 10:09

I got 12 elemental earths today.

It feels like the new script is now active here as well which means that it also has to be active on french server (and the rest)!

Thank you, Uiqua.

Kagen

Postby Kagen » Tue 25. Nov 2014, 19:51

Hello everyone!

This saturday 29.11.14 we will implement the new patch from 10 to 12 am.

During this time the german servers will be offline.

Greetings

Uiqua

Nice, nice. These are excellent news.

Kagen

Postby Bored » Tue 25. Nov 2014, 22:12

Do you (or someone else :p) know or have an ideas of what is coming from that patch ?
Bored

PreviousNext

Return to Opinions and suggestions