Suggestions

You've got an idea about making Days of Evil better? Then give it to us!

Suggestions

Postby D11M » Sat 3. Aug 2013, 04:21

1.Guild Salary Feature
Most important in my opinion.You really need to continue to improve the guild system to get people actually interested in joining a guild and improving it.So i recommend a guild salary feature!Whoot!

The salary should be calculated something like that:
Every 10 battles fought on Arena - gives 50 gold increase to daily salary
Every 10 Portal levels - gives 75 gold increase to salary
Every Base build - gives 250 gold increase to salary
Every 1.000.000 points a guild member has gives - 100 gold increase to salary
Every Territory Hold at the end of the day gives - 10 gold increase to salary
Every 5k honor a player has gives - 100 gold increase to salary
If a player has 1 unit in the guild army - 125 gold increse to salary(500 for max 4 guild army)
Counselor Position - 500 gold increase to salary
Guild Leader Position - 750 gold increase to salary

Important is to make players interested in actually joining a guild and play as a team.

So this way people will get more interested in actually joining a guild especially at lower levels.This way we will make the guilds also to become more active so the new players join their guild because of bigger sallaries.You can of course can change the amount of gold or the formula i just wanted to give an idea of how i see improving the guild system.

Also i say the gold isn't decrease from the guild gold cause we don't want a guild to go bankrupt but is sent as mail every time the day changes in game.

2.Log in rewards
The daily log in rewards really need to be improved in my opinion.I see it like this:

After a player has loged 30 days in a row his daily rewards will get multiplied by 2(everything except soul) so for example instead of getting 10 Weapons-grade steel he will get chance to get 20.After the player reaches 60 log the initial value is multiplied by 3 so a chance to get 30 Weapons-grade steel for example.And so on :geek:

3.Free soul

Raids at the moment can give us a chance to get a serf.I think it should be nice if dungeons would have a chance to get us some additional soul for example.In your dungeon report there will be added a line saying something like "While your fearless army was on their dungeon raid they found few survivors of the ancient people who lived here.Of course they sacrificed them to your name imediatly master.Soul gain +2"

In my opinion it is important to give a chance even if it's a small one to get little soul for players who don't buy it.This way people will be able to create their own guild,post announcements or maybe even get Vip for a month even if they can't afford to pay to get this small features. :mrgreen:

4.Last login day

An important feature will also be to add "the last day a person loged" in someone profile.It can be something like "inactive for 25h36im" or "last login at 14.07.2013 - 8:13 AM"

This will help a lot to find active people for joining guilds.We will also be able to difference a new active player with 2000 points from one that has 215.000 points but hasn't loged for like a month.

5.Territorial loot
Please :!: in the guild inventory -> trade in goods -> make a new separate tab for all the territorial loot and transfer all the territorial loot gained to it.So it should look like : [*Gold/souls] [*Goods] [*Loot] [*Territorial loot]

I know it doesn't sound really important but when you hold 8 territories it's really confusing to find out if someone actually posted or withdrow something out of the guild inventory since we get 8 territorial loots every hour.

6.Army managment
Make the type of equipment to matter,this should bring more fun to the battles part.For example the weapons :
Ranged Weapon equiped - a unit with 900 ATK will make 900 damage but his ATK will be reduced by the targets Defence
Melee Weapon - Deals full 900 damage ignoring the DEF but takes 2 turns until the unit manages to reach the target
Magic Weapons - The unit will poison/heal a target for 1/10 amount of it's ATK power so in my example it would be a heal/poison for 90.

This is just an example and i'm pretty sure it's not achievable but i tried to submit it anyway :D

7.Battles
We got a lot of people ignoring the battles that use up our Ferocity.How about you add a bonus to players who reached 50k honor(add 5% ATK and DEF for example) while they score is above 50k,and a 10% bonus for everyone who keeps their honor above 100k.

Hope this will make more people to fight in battles daily.

8.Slave Market
Event for every saturday.Only from 12PM to 12 AM,any guild counselor or guild leader can exchange their acquired slaves for resourses.Players should donate/sell this slaves to their guild or just sell to any player if they are not a part of a guild.

Slaves have a chance to drop during dungeons.
Slaves should come in different categories for example:
From level 1 Dungeon you can get
*Peasants 0-5 (exchange for 100 gold)
*Fishers 0- 4 (exchange for 2 dried fish)
*Hunters 0-4 (exchange for 1 leg of beef)
*Farmers 0-3 (echange for 2 wheat)
*Scientist 0-2 (Exchange for 1 Weapons-grade steel)
*Warrior 0-2 (exchange for 4 Eternite)
*Knight 0-1 (Exchange for 2 Fire Cyclone)
*Lord 0-1 (Exchange for 1 Spherical Dice)

Highier dungeons have a chance to give more and highier tier slaves.

That's just a rough idea but i hope you like it.

9.Epic units battle
Registration on Sundays.
5 Random Epic units from your army are chosen to fight a random player who registered as well.The battles continue until next sunday,the player with the highiest score at the end of the week will get a reward(maybe a little points and gold).

10.Epic Units are Epic
Since epic units are epic how about they get level ups?Something like 100h in a raid or dungeon gives a chance to level him for 1 level.A lelvel should increase with 1% all types of his stats up to max level 5.

11.Guild researches
You can research now your guild researches.They should cost more gold than usual ones cause there is a full guild to donate for it.Can be something like that:
1.Increase Guild Army units attack +1
2.Increase Guild Army units defence +1
3.Increase loot found during portal + 1%
4.Increase Points acquired by doing portals +1%
5.Guild Salary + 100(if the first one will be implemented)
6.Research MEGA AWESOME MECH for your guild maybe?

12.Player bases
Individual player bases(similar to guild ones but just for players)

No idea what they should do yet but would be nice if not all our buildings were based on just production.

That's pretty all for now :D will welcome any comments guys as well as maybe new ideas.Also awaiting your response Uiqua to see if anything here catches your interest. :?
D11M

Re: Suggestions

Postby D11M » Sat 3. Aug 2013, 05:17

Btw,about the Maritimers usually games that have implemented something like this wheel of luck give you 1 free chance a day,so maybe add it aswell?Wouldn't be bad to check your luck once a day for free :D

And also i know it's pain to get a chat,but the game won't really become social until we get one...Or maybe a list of who is online so at least the new guys can send a PM to people who are online atm to ask for help or tips?
D11M

Postby HenryIII » Sat 3. Aug 2013, 07:49

:shock: OMG - well done D11M - you have put alot of thought in that - some great ideas - I feel sure input like that is both a blessing (what can be done / added in the future) and a nightmare (the work associated to implement it) for the admin.

Still really good stuff :D - I am impressed
HenryIII

Postby D11M » Sat 3. Aug 2013, 08:04

OMG someone actually read all of this :D

And thanks hope the admin will like any of the ideas and will implement them in the future.If yes i Demand a new Epic unit for those who help to develop the game and those can be given only by admins!!lol You can name him "The Scribe" and the stats should be ATK 1,DEF 1,HP 1 :D
D11M

Postby woepsie » Sun 4. Aug 2013, 01:55

Whoa, somebody has been busy!

1. Guild salary sounds good. I might be wrong, but at the moment the only advantage from a guild is the Blackboard fun, advice from fellow guildmembers (important for new players though) and the Verdandi. The longer a player is in a guild, the bigger the daily bonus. But with a maximum on it of course.

2. The Login bonus could be pimped. Maybe what D11M said, or something like some fancy equipment in stead of 1,000 gold.

3. Maybe make souls more common in general. This can give a player more goals, like saving up for imp driver, improved ragepotion, and equipment from dealer. Getting a premium account/goldmine, cutting down research/training time will be too expensive for non-buyers, so people will keep buying souls.

4. I guess scouting for a guild is a pain. :) Supported.

5. Keeping track of donations is complicated. An alternative to your suggestion is a "donations tab" for every member, in which the goods donated is displayed.

6. I have no idea how the battles are calculated. So i can't comment on this one. I have a suggestion though: Make a pop-up when you hover above a unit's equipment, displaying the stats of e.g. the equipped weapon. This way equipping your army can be made waaaaay easier.

7. Nice one.

OK, now i'm tired. I'll continue tomorrow :)
woepsie

Postby woepsie » Wed 7. Aug 2013, 13:30

8. Sounds fun. It'll be like Eternite and stuff like that, only you get resources for them. Maybe they can be tortured as well :)

9. What? You want to fight? Bring it! Maybe i'll have a chance against you with epics only :p

10. Sounds good too, but with a cap, or some players will get too strong.

11. Maybe it can be combined with the slavemarket. For research you need gold and slaves.

12. A bit vague. Sounds similar to the Oracle, which you can use to pimp your base. Only thing i can think of is a Laboratory, where you can reduce research time by upgrading it.

"13." I like a free daily Maritimers gamble. But if you use souls, the chance of better equipment will be higher.

I think i read somewhere that the DoE development team are only 2 people, so i don't expect any of this implemented soon (if ever). But it's still nice to brainstorm!
woepsie

Postby D11M » Wed 7. Aug 2013, 23:09

Yes,i just gave some ideas.Maybe none of them will be implemented but who knows maybe i gave the admin was inspired by some of the ideas to make something different from what i wrote,or improve something they are already having in plans. :)
D11M

Postby woepsie » Fri 9. Aug 2013, 12:09

At the moment i'm happy with the games' possibilities. There's plenty left to explore and learn for players our size. And with the Oracle we will be busy for a long time...

The only thing i don't like is the hassle with equipping army (my response for point 6). And skipping through the army with the arrows is annoying too. The system skips units, to units who haven't got anything equipped or something. My first units have the strongest weapons, and the last ones the weakest. This way i can see faster whether a new equipment is an improvement or not. But getting the gear in the right order is a pain.
woepsie

Postby DiannaDark » Fri 9. Aug 2013, 15:57

Last edited by DiannaDark on Wed 20. Nov 2013, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
DiannaDark

Postby D11M » Fri 9. Aug 2013, 16:44

Cause soul is made to be bought,you support the game with your money and get something in return.It's ok to have some events or some additional ways to get a little soul but if you introduce a way to buy soul with gold the devs company will go bankrupt.
D11M

Next

Return to Opinions and suggestions