Start production

You've got an idea about making Days of Evil better? Then give it to us!

Start production

Postby woepsie » Tue 18. Jun 2013, 19:07

2 little ideas:

1: When you start production, or heal army or whatever action that uses a slider, maybe it could be made that the slider starts at the right side (maximum), in stead of the left (minimum). Makes it easier and faster to start production.

2: A 2nd input field right under "how many should be produced", that says "how long do you want to produce". Maybe with a dropdown menu that displays the hours. Saves me some mental math, so it's easier and faster to start production.

Yes, i'm lazy!
woepsie

Re: Start production

Postby HenryIII » Wed 19. Jun 2013, 06:39

woepsie wrote:2: A 2nd input field right under "how many should be produced", that says "how long do you want to produce". Maybe with a dropdown menu that displays the hours. Saves me some mental math, so it's easier and faster to start production.

8-) Like this one - especially if it can take in the Imp driver and Research benefits - might make it a little tricky - a good call however :)

The other one, you have a point, but not really an issue with me.

Another thing (may be my screen resolution) - but the fact when you open your inventory - you always need to scroll right to get the fourth column :P
HenryIII

Postby st0rm » Wed 19. Jun 2013, 07:56

woepsie wrote:2: A 2nd input field right under "how many should be produced", that says "how long do you want to produce". Maybe with a dropdown menu that displays the hours. Saves me some mental math, so it's easier and faster to start production.

I was just about to suggest the same thing ... with all the improved production research and imp driver, the time it takes to produce certain amounts of goods changes a lot. Maybe fixed time intervals (1 hour), similar to the "Raid" action would be a nice touch to the game. :) As for the maximum time to be chosen using this method, maybe limited to 24 hours (in case of multiple choice) or unlimited if one would enter the desired duration (similar to the purchase quantity on the market).

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby woepsie » Wed 19. Jun 2013, 19:45

Yes, the research and imp driver should be included (if possible) in the time-slider, otherwise i still have to use my brain! And we can't have that of course ;p

(Henry, my game doesnt fit on my screen either. I think it's designed for widescreen, plus i have a low resolution. My 20" monitor is from October 1996! So it's big, but not "sharp", and i can't expect developers to take my dinosaur into account. And the game is cool!)
woepsie

Postby HenryIII » Thu 20. Jun 2013, 11:01

:o You mean it may have something to do with my 700T 92 model IBM ThinkPad - running IE V 1.0 - I was wondering if an upgrade might change things :P
HenryIII

Postby woepsie » Fri 21. Jun 2013, 18:53

*looks in the back of his junk closet*
Ah, my Thinkpad is from '03, you have the biggest dinosaur!
woepsie

Postby Redles » Sat 22. Jun 2013, 00:22

woepsie wrote:*looks in the back of his junk closet*
Ah, my Thinkpad is from '03, you have the biggest dinosaur!

Congrats, HenryIII
Display it proudly.
Attachments
Dinosaur.jpg
Dinosaur.jpg (37.92 KiB) Viewed 9000 times
134/140
Redles

Return to Opinions and suggestions