Question about traveling merchant

You don't advance in the game? Then this is the right place!

Question about traveling merchant

Postby BloodPain » Sun 8. Jan 2017, 11:38

Greetings all

I want to know what is the best merchandise to sell to the traveling merchant ..

basically what I mean is : most profitable on bases of how cheap, fast its raw resources needed to produce it.. also, if possible it be a merchandise that usually not needed for other important production so I can keep its line of production going for the sole purpose of selling it to the merchant.

thanks in advance
BloodPain

Re: Question about traveling merchant

Postby BloodPain » Sun 8. Jan 2017, 23:24

Update : sorry seems I posted it in the wrong section ... that was suppose to be in general section not here :roll:
BloodPain

Postby Animalux » Tue 10. Jan 2017, 08:24

For the time it takes to return the investment, for me it's not worth it so I don't use it at all. If you want to make a sound investment, produce leather and sell it on the troll market for 16-17 gold..perhaps 14 at times if you're strapped for some..but I wouldn't suggest, because when you sell say 1 mil leather at that price, you're loosing atleast 3 mil in gold.
Why leather? :) It's the sole product you can produce without using wood, since latter in the game you may find yourself in huge need of it and you'll be left with tons of water that you wont know what to do with.
Stone is another material you'll rarely use in game if you got all upgrades, so if you really want to sell on the traveling merchant, produce a ton of stone plaques/jugs and sell them simultaneously.
If I were to sell stone plaques right now, I'd have to put 40k for a one long month investment to return 1 mil gold. I can make that in a day with two dungeons visits. :)
Animalux

Postby GYNDE » Tue 10. Jan 2017, 20:17

Base return (via the Troll Market) on Stones, is 4 times the production costs. Not a bad return.

I do not use the Traveling merchant much either. Takes too long.

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby BloodPain » Wed 11. Jan 2017, 03:32

Animalux wrote:For the time it takes to return the investment, for me it's not worth it so I don't use it at all. If you want to make a sound investment, produce leather and sell it on the troll market for 16-17 gold..perhaps 14 at times if you're strapped for some..but I wouldn't suggest, because when you sell say 1 mil leather at that price, you're loosing atleast 3 mil in gold.
Why leather? :) It's the sole product you can produce without using wood, since latter in the game you may find yourself in huge need of it and you'll be left with tons of water that you wont know what to do with.
Stone is another material you'll rarely use in game if you got all upgrades, so if you really want to sell on the traveling merchant, produce a ton of stone plaques/jugs and sell them simultaneously.
If I were to sell stone plaques right now, I'd have to put 40k for a one long month investment to return 1 mil gold. I can make that in a day with two dungeons visits. :)

thank you very much for your replay and help .. I felt that the traveling merchant is not really good investment due to its long time and other factors so I don't use it but I had to make sure that my judgment as new player was right by asking experts :).. leather seems like good idea but how you detailed it , I may need to postponed it for later

GYNDE wrote:Base return (via the Troll Market) on Stones, is 4 times the production costs. Not a bad return.

I do not use the Traveling merchant much either. Takes too long.

Thank you for your answer .. yes, seems I will use it only in future with excessive goods IF I didn't need them and I was ok with the time.. I was just making sure I was right and also to know of certain to make steady amount of gold
BloodPain

Postby spawn » Sat 21. Jan 2017, 01:01

Leather is the best option to make good profits, I agree with the other players in that you have to produce always stone because you can sell it later to get fresh cash (so it is like to put your money in a save account), other option is produce crabs for the same reason

I recomend to produce tons of ore and transform them in metal stuff, it is always handy and when you have a good amount of that you can earn a good money selling it

The traveling merchant is useful when you have stuff that you can't sell in the troll market (I only use the player market to sell expensive items), for example stone plaquets or leather belts, although this item is useful now to upgrade your assasination army

P.S: I find useful the water to produce turnips when i don't need other produces in the farms, it is a way to save money instead buying turnips in the market
spawn

Return to Problems or questions