WORLD BOSS – PHASE 4

General discussions about Days of Evil.

WORLD BOSS – PHASE 4

Postby Zarathos » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 10:30

In case you wonder what's the rewards in Phase 4, people. From the official post on the German forum (yeah, no one cares explaining us here officially). Ruhm = Glory.

http://www.daysofevil.com/mat_outgame/Ruhmhaendler.jpg
Zarathos

Re: WORLD BOSS – PHASE 4

Postby st0rm » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 11:00

And how is the "glory" computed?
st0rm

Postby Zarathos » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 11:10

AFAIU from the German forum, it will be calculated after Phase 3 depending on our performance. How exactly, I don't know. Right now I have 2 guesses:

a) Based on the position in ranking, like in monthly competitions;
b) Somehow calculated from the total damage done to mobs and the boss.

That's all I know, maybe missed something on the German forum.
Zarathos

Postby st0rm » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 11:17

I read it myself, too. There's no indication on how it will be calculated but I bet we won't get so many honor points. However, the rewards look pretty promising. :)

There seems to be a time lapse either showing the duration of Phase 4 or the remaining time until the next WB event.
st0rm

Postby Zarathos » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 11:28

Yeah, for high-level players mostly. I don't see how this could be interesting for lowbies. They don't get any gold from Phase 2 attacks, probably no gold from Phase 3 as well. And in the end 80% of the stuff offered at the vendor will be too expensive for them. I'm not even talking about the fact that T1-2 sets are completely useless to them at this point.

Yet devs were trying to put this as an event that must include all players. But what do the lowbies get from it in the end, considering how little damage they can do? In this aspect, ticket events are better. The only positive part is elementals, they might start gathering those early. Plus the market prices on the might drop significantly.

Anyhow, we will see the results in 2 weeks. So far I'm mostly disappointed. Especially considering the changes in easy fortress attacks.
Zarathos

Postby st0rm » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 11:34

Since you mentioned ticket events, there is a rumor on the DE forum that a Halloween ticket event is coming.
The only positive outcome of this WB event is the possibility of purchasing elementals and stuff otherwise available at the Maritimers for souls (sometimes for tickets during ticket events).

The event should include all players (help withing guilds to load the 5 ships) and the number of "minions" decreasing with every player sending their armies to WB. I guess a similar approach is implemented in Phase 3.
st0rm

Postby Zarathos » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 11:36

st0rm wrote:Since you mentioned ticket events, there is a rumor on the DE forum that a Halloween ticket event is coming.

Uiqua said on the German forum that there will be no ticket event, both events will be too much. Well, he's right about that. On the other hand, he said that something major will come during the Winter event. Hopefully it will include tickets.
Zarathos

Postby Animalux » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 12:57

Ah dammit, I was looking up to the Halloween event to spend all my hard earned tickets. :( I guess better luck next year.

I have a hunch the glory points will be distributed according to rank position. There's no other explainable way. As how many the first and the last will get, no idea on that.
Also there's plenty of prizes for new and old, so what's the matter here. :?
Animalux

Postby Zarathos » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 13:07

Animalux wrote:Also there's plenty of prizes for new and old, so what's the matter here. :?

Like I said, the matter is that lowbies will get less points than old-timers since they can't do as much damage. And 2 weeks without any proper loot from dungeons or heroic dungeons is a greater impact to them than to us. I mean, I hate the fact that I need to spend 2 weeks without loot and will probably end up in debt due to production costs, imagine how it is for newbs, especially guildless ones.

With ticket events, we could all get at least a bit of gold and loot and new players were even in a better position since they could do 2 things at once: finish their up-to-date dungeons and get tickets, while heroic players actually had to degrade to regular ones to get tickets.

I'm not saying they will have nothing to gain, I just say that most probably they will not have enough points for anything better than elementals that they cannot use as of yet. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, we'll see in two weeks.
Zarathos

Postby Animalux » Fri 14. Oct 2016, 14:06

That's a fair assumption if glory points are distributed to damage alone. Not saying this isn't unfair to lowbies, both new and old are screwed, since we have to pay a ton more gold for repairs or sending ships even. This is a screw up for both for sure, I'm running out of stuff to sell here to keep my army going and don't want to sell any valuables. :?

But if what's said is true on the ranking list, that the number of attacks is important as well, each player will get a reward based on that perhaps. ;) Of course it will be a little harder for newbies, otherwise what would stop them purchasing epic/high level equipment and selling it for gold. My statement was that all parties have prizes they can use. Elementals are just as valuable if not.
Animalux

Next

Return to General