questions about army units

General discussions about Days of Evil.

questions about army units

Postby BloodPain » Sat 3. Sep 2016, 00:56

Greetings All

I have few question that I would like to ask , as I am new to the game

1- does the weapon type matter to army unites? for example an orc that equipped with a bow instead of two edged weapon? will that affect the unites? because for example preservers's description shows they good with bows but what if I found weapon with better stats than a bow , would it affect them negatively as its not their preferred weapons etc? or there are no such thing as preferred weapons for each unit?

2- does mixing the army unites matter in army fight or overall score of battles? for example the alchemist seems abit weaker now as the game progress if I replaced her with some fighter for example would affect anything? is it simply matter of stats and attack /def points and the whole type of unites to just flavor things up?

3- would robbing fortress by me or if I got robbed ..etc takes anything more than money? like special items for my resources stock or inventory? or they simply gain amounts that isn't deducted of my own?

4- does the assignation army consider separate one and though they are not sued in normal battles and raid? and if so then they can only used to defend and attack others in special missions and battles only? or they can only be used to attack and not defend?

sorry if I asked many questions and thank you in advance
BloodPain

Re: questions about army units

Postby Zarathos » Tue 6. Sep 2016, 14:16

1) No. It's simply about the total points. The mechanics are simpler than one might think in the beginning.
2) No, same as above. Try to balance between the points a unit gives you, and its price. Later on in the game go for the total points, the more the better.
3) No, not when you are attacked. And when you attack and fail, you only lose gold due to healing the army.
4) A-army is only used for offensive fortress attacks. I do not think that the a-army influences the outcome when a defensive fight occurs. It's mostly influenced by your traps and fortress stats when you defend.

Hope this helps!
Zarathos

Postby BloodPain » Wed 7. Sep 2016, 01:46

Zarathos wrote:1) No. It's simply about the total points. The mechanics are simpler than one might think in the beginning.
2) No, same as above. Try to balance between the points a unit gives you, and its price. Later on in the game go for the total points, the more the better.
3) No, not when you are attacked. And when you attack and fail, you only lose gold due to healing the army.
4) A-army is only used for offensive fortress attacks. I do not think that the a-army influences the outcome when a defensive fight occurs. It's mostly influenced by your traps and fortress stats when you defend.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your time and answer , it does help indeed.. my regards for you :)
BloodPain

Postby GYNDE » Wed 7. Sep 2016, 03:12

Welcome to DOE, BloodPain....

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask.

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby Zarathos » Wed 7. Sep 2016, 08:08

Hey, no problem! Sorry it took so much to answer, got a bit busy.

Also, another thing, since the total points is what matters, aim for having as little HP as possible. The less health you have, the less gold you need to heal. In the beginning it's not that important but later on this trick will help you save millions of gold.

Have fun and enjoy the game!
Zarathos

Postby BloodPain » Thu 8. Sep 2016, 01:08

Zarathos wrote:Hey, no problem! Sorry it took so much to answer, got a bit busy.

Also, another thing, since the total points is what matters, aim for having as little HP as possible. The less health you have, the less gold you need to heal. In the beginning it's not that important but later on this trick will help you save millions of gold.

Have fun and enjoy the game!
GYNDE wrote:Welcome to DOE, BloodPain....

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you Gynde.. hope to enjoy it indeed and do already so far.

thank you Zarathos, but doesn't Hp matters somehow? like make them last longer , or fight better or something :lol:
BloodPain

Postby st0rm » Thu 8. Sep 2016, 07:55

BloodPain wrote:thank you Zarathos, but doesn't Hp matters somehow? like make them last longer , or fight better or something :lol:

Welcome BloodPain!

HP doesn't really matter. Once you get to higher levels you'll notice you can visit Dungeons twice before you have to heal your army. However, to do that (Dungeons) you'll need higher level units which come with higher HP values.

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby BloodPain » Fri 9. Sep 2016, 00:47

st0rm wrote:
BloodPain wrote:thank you Zarathos, but doesn't Hp matters somehow? like make them last longer , or fight better or something :lol:

Welcome BloodPain!

HP doesn't really matter. Once you get to higher levels you'll notice you can visit Dungeons twice before you have to heal your army. However, to do that (Dungeons) you'll need higher level units which come with higher HP values.

Cheers,
st0rm

Thank you for your answer , Storm , I shall indeed consider all the good advices I saw here to enhance my game
BloodPain

Postby DiannaDark » Mon 12. Sep 2016, 23:30

Click on this link and you will find much more information then you want.

look at the white letters

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1477

Eventually you need as many Tears of the Sun and Raleshil in your Army as you can get, but for ages it doesn't really matter which Army Units you use. Any Army Unit uses any weapon.

xoxox

it's a pirate's life for me.
<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

C'est une vie de pirate pour moi. Buvez mes cœurs. Yo ho !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VmwODZkVU
DiannaDark

Postby BloodPain » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 20:39

DiannaDark wrote:

Click on this link and you will find much more information then you want.

look at the white letters

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1477

Eventually you need as many Tears of the Sun and Raleshil in your Army as you can get, but for ages it doesn't really matter which Army Units you use. Any Army Unit uses any weapon.

xoxox

it's a pirate's life for me.

Thank you for that link , very informative .. I appreciate the efforts and the replay :)
BloodPain

Next

Return to General