Chapter 3

General discussions about Days of Evil.

Re: Chapter 3

Postby D11M » Tue 15. Apr 2014, 14:49

23 fails to torture the assassin,and i thought gendy was unlucky lol.Uiqua if you read it could you maybe propose to increase the torture % by 1 for each fail to torture the assassin in chapter 3?If not i can see how someone can go even to 100 fails without making it done with constant 10% of success.
D11M

Postby dismocat » Tue 15. Apr 2014, 16:14

I think D11M's Idea is good...It still delays the player's step, but makes players have better chance in next hunt (although 1% is not much, 10*1%+10%=20% is good enough for many gambler).
I think the equation can be 1% increase in first 10 fails, 0.5% increase in next 10 fails, 0.25% increase in next 10 fails, and 0.125% increase in next 10 fails,....until the maximum to 30%. If 30% still fails for many times (e.g. 100 times), it seems the luck is too good. I suggest buying a lottery as soon as possible.
dismocat

Postby st0rm » Tue 15. Apr 2014, 17:54

Someone I know on the DE server tried 50 times before getting a confession. :) At some point I assumed the poor bastard died and no more confessions from him but he finally spilled his beans on the 51st attempt.

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby GYNDE » Fri 18. Apr 2014, 04:58

Wow...............

Well, you finally got throughit.

I now havve 2 of the 4 chronicles.

Ihave done at least 5 of east of the three HD's I can do,,,

yep, this seems tougher. Except for Redles... :)

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby st0rm » Fri 18. Apr 2014, 07:01

I've got 2 of the chronicles from the first 2 tries and those were on HD1. Nothing ever since and I've explored other HD, too. It seems to be a matter of luck. :)

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby GYNDE » Fri 18. Apr 2014, 15:58

"Quest 18:
Win a gold coin at the monthly competition (The coin has to be in the trophy case)"

??????? - Well, I hope we start having competitions... GOnna be hard if we don't - :D

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby Redles » Tue 22. Apr 2014, 00:28

Chapter 3 - Quest 13: Nobility

The days pass without any noteworthy incidents. Your attempts to acquire more information about your parents or the Merodovar don't lead you anywhere either. One day, while you're inspecting the imps' stalls, one of Mayudai's messengers arrives at your fortress. The messenger tells you to quickly make your way to the old gladiator's shop, as he has interesting news for you. Old Mayudai is already impatiently waiting for you when you arrive. He lets you know that the rumors are indeed true, and that the beast master has made a most interesting catch. It would seem that a certain Count Beran is now in his custody. It's not so much that Count Beran has been wandering the lands as one of the undead that is so interesting, but rather that he was close to the Merodovar alliance in life. Count Beran is therefore an interesting source of first-hand information. You waste no time in heading straight to the beast master.

Buy Count Beran from the beast master.

Bought 0/1 Count Beran

Reward: 550.000 points, 850.000 gold

Chapter 3 - Quest 14: Feast

Count Beran seems to be in appalling condition, as far as one can seriously say that about the undead. He appears weak and weary. The march to your fortress alone seems to have been a huge effort for him. You have one of your necromancers check on Beran to acquire details as to his condition. Who knows what he had to go through after his capture. The necromancer performs countless rituals and incantations to try and find out the root of Beran's condition. Finally, the necromancer has finished his work and reports to you. The life energy of this undead specimen is in critical condition. He will need to feed on human flesh to be able to assure his continued existence in this world. Curious about this little upcoming show, you give the necromancer the order to make all necessary preparations.

Feed 50 serfs to Count Beran.

31/50 serfs available

Reward: 575.000 points, 900.000 gold

Chapter 3 - Quest 15: Origins

You stand, examining Beran as he holds and returns your gaze with his dead eyes. When you ask him about the Merodovar and your parents, he suddenly lets out a metallic laugh. The old legends already carried clues alluding to you. Your birth had been feared for centuries. This is the reason the alliance of the Merodovar was founded in the first place. They exist solely for the reason of finding you and protecting the world from you, though there is probably no more chance for salvation. Your parents fled to Earth with you as a newborn in the hopes of saving you from your merciless fate. So, you are not human, you were born in this world, here on Nagoroth! The alliance withdrew in the hope that your flight had saved Nagoroth. But now that you are back in this world, the alliance has risen again, your enemies are already on their way to you and your destruction is only a matter of time. You should prepare for the worst!

Expand your army at the oracle.

0/1 army expanded

Reward: 600.000 points, 950.000 gold, 50 Soul

Chapter 3 - Quest 16: Tactics

Count Beran tells of a gigantic army which is already making its way to you. The Merodovar have apparently gathered all their allies from every corner of this world. Mighty rulers, shadowy figures, legendary creatures? all of them have their sights set on you and your empire, and will not stop until your head is skewered on the battlements of your fortress. Thousands of thoughts shoot through your head. Is your destiny inescapable? But then how was it possible for your parents to flee with you? This part of the story was not foreseen, so there should also be a way out of this situation as well! You order your master of war to prepare your troops for this approaching enemy, and to do so with all the means at your disposal.

Research your attack and defense strategies so that both are increased to 80.

0/80 attack strategies, 0/80 defense strategies

Reward: 625.000 points, 1.000.000 gold, 1 Dragonsnout, 1 Cyclops Blocker

Chapter 3 - Quest 17: Debt

He might not be quite right in the head, but it's still worth a try. His clouded mind might just also be to your advantage, as he won't be drawing as many conclusions as he would with a healthy mind. And so you dream up a story of a wild people who have come from the South with the intention of conquering one kingdom after another. Only if you two stand united, can you fend off these wild men. You send an ambassador carrying this message to the palace of the king of the Firelands. The answer comes back quickly. Be it out of shame or trying to make amends ? the king is willing to stand by your side in this battle! However, his mental incapacitation seems to have also taken its toll on his gold reserves. You are going to have to get his army back in shape first, if the king of the Firelands is going to be of any help to you.

Send the king 10,000,000 gold.

Collected 0/10,000,000 gold

Reward: 650.000 points, 1.000.000 gold, 1 Inferno Ring, 1 Ring of Lament

Chapter 3 - Quest 18: Hope

Even the news that all the warriors of the Firelands are going into battle on your side won't sway Count Beran. He still says that you are hopelessly inferior to your enemy. Your patience is finally at an end! You'll find other ways of silencing his arrogant laughter. With the help of your necromancers and mages you manage to reach that goal quicker than expected. Count Beran finally divulges everything to you. In pain he opens up, speaking of the possibility of resurrecting his minions who had served him in life. They would then fight on our side as a ghost army. You start to feel a smaller glimmer of hope and you press the Count to get the details for the incantation of this army. To call on this ghost army, Beran needs a coin that is disguised as a talisman. You leave immediately to find the coin.

Win a gold coin in the monthly competition. (Gold coin must be in the trophy case)

0/1 gold coin

Reward: 675.000 points, 1.000.000 gold, 1 Inferno Armor, 1 Armor of Lament

I'll see you guys at the monthly competition!
I hope. :?
134/140
Redles

Postby Kagen » Tue 22. Apr 2014, 14:00

Well, depending on what is requested, Redles, we will see each other at the competition ;)

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But that ocean would be less, because of that missing drop."
Kagen

Postby Kagen » Fri 2. May 2014, 13:33

Quest 20: Produce 10 Walls of Energy.

So only task 19 is missing an the exact woordings of 19 and 20 :)

A nice weekend to everyone :)

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But that ocean would be less, because of that missing drop."
Kagen

Postby D11M » Fri 2. May 2014, 14:58

What are walls of energy? O_O
D11M

PreviousNext

Return to General