Shadow Update IV and Easy Access

Here you find all the informations about changes and expansions.

Shadow Update IV and Easy Access

Postby Uiqua » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 09:50

Hello everyone,

now the time has come and the threat from the shadows finally shows their true face! In order to avert this danger, all players of a server must work together, otherwise the odds tend towards zero.

But this is not the only content of this update. For this reason, you will find a detailed overview of the individual features:

World boss

This type of event extends over a total of 4 phases, which run consecutively. In the end, a dealer awaits you, where you can purchase new equipment and epic units that are only available there.

During Phases II and III, you gain glory. The number of glory points you receive depends on your activity during the event. For the glory points you can then shop at the mentioned above dealer.

As there are more world events in the future, you also have the opportunity to save the glory points for another event. So they do not fall into decay.

There is now also a glory ranking in the rankings area. There, however, your total points of glory will be displayed, which you have received at all world events. Here are not fame points deducted, if you bought at the dealer, so that the rank list is not watered down.

Easy to access

Action weeks

At regular intervals, we will organize action weeks, where either

- 30% more gold and double XP in normal dungeons for 1 week

or

- 50% more gold and increased chances of gaining a servant for 1 week

are given.

Loot

In the normal dungeons D1-D10 you now find much better equipment than before. The reason for this is that the gap between the normal and the first heroic dungeons was too big.

Research

The research periods for ATK and DEF research as well as for the production of wood, stone and water have been reduced. The research time for the production speed was also shortened.

Various

- In the shop the gold price for 1 soul was adjusted to 90,000 gold.
- The formula for the fortress fights was revised.
- In addition to 1 new epic unit, the Maritimers also has 4 new equipment items to win. These new jackpots are very rare.

Note

If one of you can not see all the pictures of the update, please press the F5 key several times on the keyboard ;-)

We hope you like the update and wish you lots of fun!

Greetings

Uiqua
Uiqua
Administrator

Re: Shadow Update IV and Easy Access

Postby st0rm » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 10:21

Sounds awesome!
THANK YOU!!!
st0rm

Postby st0rm » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 10:37

Hmm, I just started a research for DEF and it is still 48 hrs. :)
st0rm

Postby Uiqua » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 14:33

Hi st0rm,

this is only for the beginners. A pro like has already researched that much so you reched the cap of 48 hours ;-)

Best regards

Uiqua
Uiqua
Administrator

Postby Zarathos » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 17:16

- The formula for the fortress fights was revised.

May we ask how exactly it was revised? Because I've had the biggest loss-spree in a long, long time on EASY difficulty just now. Out of the last 10 fights 5 were losses. Is there something we should know?

Otherwise the update looks good. Now to wait for moonid and DoE offers and go have fun with Maritimers :P

Edit: 11 fights, 6 losses. Oh come on! What's the point of doing it then if it's so bad on EASY?
Zarathos

Postby Animalux » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 18:16

Maybe it was revised for the worse? :?

These updates have been either too high level for me or too low level, neither I have yet to profit from. Least this World Boss thing looks doable. :)

Thank you for the updates Uiqua. Amazing work! Does this conclude the 4th and last part of the Shadow Updates? What can we expect in the future?
Animalux

Postby Zarathos » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 18:25

Animalux wrote:Maybe it was revised for the worse? :?

Maybe it was, I don't know. I don't understand the logic behind those fights, still. Out of those 6 losses: Fortress level 7 – 2; Fortress level 4 – 1; Fortress level 2 – 3.

If I'm losing to level 2 fortresses at this rate, I do not even want to try fighting on medium. Just not worth the time, honour and gold. It's exactly the reason I was doing easy fights – guaranteed inflow of honour, small but stable amount of elementals and minimal losses in gold. I'll check whether it was just bad luck the next day or two, but I haven't had such sprees before the update. And that's considering I've upgraded my fortress the other day, and hired another a-army unit.

The so-far-unknown formula of fortress fights got revised to become a so-far-unknown formula. Enigmatic AF.
Zarathos

Postby Animalux » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 18:37

I'm trying my first fight after the update, so I can't say much. But doing only medium, I can say that is hit or miss here as well, game of chance. There been times I've lost 6-7 in a row and won another 8-9. The ratio has been something like 60/40 wins though. Which is fine, since I'm aiming for achievements.
Maybe train a couple Seraphims to increase your trap bonus to counter measure their use. I can say from experience than when I use traps I get a higher chance at defending. Otherwise I only win around 2/10 of the defense fights.

I can see your point though, maybe move up a little bit in the fight thingie, maybe you're too high level for easy that even your army thinks it's a worthless fight. :)
Animalux

Postby st0rm » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 19:11

Zarathos wrote:I do not even want to try fighting on medium. Just not worth the time, honour and gold.

A loss is a loss, no matter the level of fortress you attack. So the time spent on fortress siege and the gold invested in healing the a-army is similar. You only lose more gold on small fortresses because the gain is much smaller than what you spend on healing the a-army (either after a win or a loss).
The system is a mistery for me, too. I have lost on medium fortresses only to do a high level one, immediately after, and win.
st0rm

Postby Zarathos » Thu 6. Oct 2016, 19:27

st0rm wrote: You only lose more gold on small fortresses because the gain is much smaller than what you spend on healing the a-army (either after a win or a loss).

I don't think you do in a long run. Or at least you did before... don't know what to expect now after the update.

There were days when I had 50 succesful fights in a row, meaning I've always won something and spent minimal amount of gold on healing. While a 60% win ratio would result in much higher healing costs. AFAIK, you get a bit more gold on medium/high and the same amount of honour as on easy. Considering I value honour right now, easy is (or rather was) the best option. I might get less elementals but gold losses are minimal and honour is at its max.

But yeah, the mechanics are a mystery. I still do not understand the correlation between a-army units' stats and fortress stats. I only understand the mechanic behind traps.

EDIT: Another loss on easy. This time I've lost to an inactive fortress level 1 player. Jesus Christ, how? I doubt he had traps, even if he did, it's one percent. I have 23 units so my stats are definitely higher than his fortress and yet I've lost. My ratio becomes a mess. It's about 60-70% victory now, while earlier I had guaranteed 90% and was pretty much happy with it.
Zarathos

Next

Return to Updates