Shadow Update IV and Easy Access

Here you find all the informations about changes and expansions.

Re: Shadow Update IV and Easy Access

Postby spawn » Mon 10. Oct 2016, 09:13

Sorry, I misread you, I thought you had 5k a-army but I see now that it was 9 months ago. I can't help you in this because I don't do easy fights, in medium I can say to you that my odds are better now
spawn

Postby Zarathos » Mon 10. Oct 2016, 09:17

What kind of units constitute your a-army?

Mine are 21 Vanir and 1 Seraphim, all are 3-stars (31.5% Elementals, 1% traps).

I have a guess (thanks to one of my guildmates) regarding how the f-fight mechanics work but I'm not sure. Do you have many Seraphims in your army?
Zarathos

Postby spawn » Mon 10. Oct 2016, 11:00

25 units, 20 Vanir and 5 Seraphim (Trap bonus +4.75 %, Elementary bonus +22.5 %), and I don't put my best gear in these guys, my fortress is level 16. My odds have risen from 50/50 to 70/30 aprox., that is the reason because I am happier now but TBH I've just realised that I have lost against you :lol:

Before, I was doing fights in easy and it was a sure victory but I was not getting elementals, so I tried medium fights instead, I lost a lot of fights at first but later I started to train Seraphim and my odds rose (i think i dissmissed two vanirs in the process)

I am only sure about how it works with elementals more or less, with a 25% you have a chance of 1/4 to get a elemental in easy mode (obviously) but 50% to get it in medium mode plus 12,5% to get two elementals, trying hard mode the odds to get a elemental should be amazing but I think that I will need a lot of Seraphim to have a chance
spawn

Postby Animalux » Tue 11. Oct 2016, 16:04

Been doing hard fortresses with a good success rate tbh, better than medium. But the elemental drop rate has been crap, out of 10 fights, only 2 have dropped elementals at all, where as on medium I always get them..and they've been second grade elemntals, nothing fancy.
Animalux

Postby Zarathos » Tue 11. Oct 2016, 17:43

I've asked my guildmates and so far I can say that those who usually fight easy fortress battles, all of them have the same results: The ratio (win/lose) has dropped from 50/0 (best) and 43/7 (worst) to 38/12 on average. So far my best in these 5 days was 41/9 and the worst 37/13. All on easy. I am losing to level 1 fortresses of players that are most probably inactive. This is pure mockery.

About the medium ones: Some guildmates have felt an increase in chances to win, some felt a decrease. At the same time what we have realised is that after a certain point (about 10k points) your a-army's points do not matter. I have managed to win more fights on medium in 2 days (I had roughly 19.2k points at that time) than my guildmates with stats ranging from 35k to 50k (!!). Stats do not matter, so it seems. And some of the players that had 10+ Seraphims felt a decrease in chances. Go figure. I'm not sure whether Seraphims are even worth hiring considering I'm winning more fights on medium with 1 Seraphim than my mates do with 10 to 13 Seraphims in their armies.

As long as the mechanic of fights remains unexplained all of this does not matter. No idea how to overcome losses since Seraphims don't seem to work that good and stats cease to matter after a certain point.

EDIT: It would also be very nice if Uiqua could answer here as well. He did answer on the German forum, saying that Seraphim mechanic has changed and now the trap disarming chance is calculated directly, meaning that if your enemy has a 10% chance with traps and you have 8% chance from Seraphims, your chance of falling into a trap will be 2%.

BUT THIS STILL DOES NOT EXPLAIN WHY PLAYERS STARTED TO LOSE SO OFTEN TO LEVEL 1 FORTRESSES!
Zarathos

Postby Animalux » Tue 11. Oct 2016, 21:37

Might be a bug in the coding. So my idea that those level 1 fortress players that have no traps at all at 0%, the coding might be calculating that as invincible. Or something similar. I haven't tested easy myself, but something sketchy seems to be going on. ;)

PS: Also seems that elementals started to drop again..was wondering where they'd gone. :)
Animalux

Postby Zarathos » Tue 11. Oct 2016, 22:25

Might be. There are too many losses on easy difficulty now, 8 losses per 50 fights has become a good outcome, ffs. Lost 2 times in a row just now on easy, at least it weren't level 1 fortresses.

I think that elemental drop might be a coincidence. At least I did not feel any difference after the update, had the same patchy drop as always – sometimes 4 drops in a row, sometimes 5 wins without any.

It's losing time on irrational losses that concerns me more.
Zarathos

Postby GYNDE » Wed 12. Oct 2016, 04:43

Hmmm.

I only do HARD fortress fights.

In the last 59, WOn 33. lost 26

Did not keep records before October 2.

Hope this helps your research.

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby st0rm » Wed 12. Oct 2016, 08:26

Last 50 fights (hard fortress only) / 31 wins (24 with elementals) / 19 losses - maybe this helps your statistics
st0rm

Postby Zarathos » Wed 12. Oct 2016, 08:46

Thanks. So far it seems that the update affected positively medium (at least some of the responses were positive) and hard (most of responses were positive) fortress attackers. All of the easy fortress attackers that I have asked experience a rapid increase in losses, from average 2-6 losses per 50 fights before the update to up to 13 losses per 50 fights after the update, 9 losses being the average. Another thing that many players have reported is that stats of your a-army do not matter after a certain point. Players with both 30k and 50k in total stats have reported decrease in chances on medium and had the same statistical results (55%-65% to win on medium). I have the same experience on easy. I have 20k total stats and one of my mates has 12k totals stats. We both experienced up to 13 losses per 50 fights on easy. The influence of a-army stats is unclear. I would recommend players to use items without HP on a-army. Also, healing your a-army to 80% works the same as healing to 100%. I haven't noticed any difference but that might save you a lot of gold in the long run.

For some unknown reason preference in defence is given to owners of easy-range fortresses. Level 1 fortresses are especially confusing since they should not have virtually any chances to defend against high-level players with developed a-armies. Yet still they do and quite too often. I suppose there is either a coding bug or a hidden mechanic at work. Still, after the update my chance of defending jumped to over 50%. I was attacked 28 times since the update and managed to successfully defend my fortress 15 times. (level 14 fortress, 21% trap chance)

Although I hate the idea, I'm afraid I'll have to switch to medium fortresses now. Despite having too little gold currently, might have to rework my a-army. Considering how often players fail to raid my fortress, I'll need more Seraphims than I have right now to be able to compete with other active players of the same fortress level as mine :/

Thank you everyone for telling your results. Hopefully Uiqua will clarify some things regarding a-army stats and why easy-range fortresses now have a 20-25% chance to crush medium/hard-range players.
Zarathos

PreviousNext

Return to Updates