account security

This is the area about reporting bugs or when you have technical problems.

account security

Postby Kagen » Thu 15. Jan 2015, 21:36

On German server there were two serious hacking cases.

Please be vigilant.

Au serveur allemand il y a deux cas de piraterie informatique.

S'il vous plait soyez vigilants.

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But that ocean would be less, because of that missing drop."
Kagen

Re: account security

Postby D11M » Fri 16. Jan 2015, 01:06

There were a lot of those on the russian server,who knows maybe those are the same person
D11M

Postby GYNDE » Fri 16. Jan 2015, 03:09

What was the nature of the hacking?

Stolen accounts? breaking a program?

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby D11M » Fri 16. Jan 2015, 03:46

*Breaking accounts
*stealing everything that was on accounts
*somehow even destroying all imps on accounts
*sending PMs with a link with a site that looked like the forum "where you had to vote for the game"
*some players even had their accounts deleted since there was no more player with that name
*create an account there and check the rankings you will see the same guy with the same name has around 100 ranks for him and an army of more than 100 units
*a noob player being able to donate to the guild huge amount of resources that are hard to get even for big players
*postings on the game wall that someone is selling their account for real money
*postings on the game wall that someone is buying top weapons/armor for real money so you have to message them about it
*there was a link to a programm that helps you to cheat the game and create what items you want
*in a sec after refresh you get 9900+ contracts with 1 crab for 100k gold each(there is no way to cancel all of them at one time,you have either to cancel them one by one for hours or quit doing contracts since it's lagging as hell if you click the contracts and you have to restart the browser)

Aaaaand really a lot more :(

Notice that i don't note the translations,forum admin or moderator,support and bugs that haven't been fixed there for months and months,i just listed some of the things that greatly violate the game,heck the russian server doesn't even have to agree to the new license agreement lol

Not sure if it's the same guy/team that did and does a lot of trouble on the russian server but they may try to switch to other servers since they saw no reaction to them on that server maybe it's worth a try to check it out.
D11M

Postby st0rm » Fri 16. Jan 2015, 08:02

One of the accounts belongs to a guild mate on the DE server. He logged in only to find out that all the resources were gone (including souls), army units vanished and he got a message from himself requiring a ransom if he wanted all his stuff back. He reported it already to Uiqua.
For the sake of your accounts, make an effort and change your password. ;)

Cheers and stay safe,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby Uiqua » Fri 16. Jan 2015, 10:24

Hi everyone,

those players on the german server are all individual fates. DoE hasn't been hacked.

The reasons for those problems are account sitting, keyloggers, virus and simple passwords. Then we as a game developer are helpless if players are too careless.

So please change passwords if yours is too simple.

Greetings,

Uiqua
Uiqua
Administrator

Postby Bored » Fri 16. Jan 2015, 13:18

Someone to explain account sitting ? didn't get much luck with the translator, i know what the word mean but i don't get the meaning.
Bored

Postby Kagen » Fri 16. Jan 2015, 14:30

U cant login or take care for the ur account cause u are on vacation or a busines trip for example. So u give ur password to another player who takes care of production and army activities.

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But that ocean would be less, because of that missing drop."
Kagen

Postby Dutchie » Fri 16. Jan 2015, 15:16

I am playing by a portal, bigpoint.

How can I change my password ? :?:
Dutchie

Postby D11M » Fri 16. Jan 2015, 15:35

@Bored there was a spelling mistake it's setting not sitting so that's why the translator didn't help you.

If you use bigpoint you can't change the password to the game since you don't have one the portal auto logs you in.If you don't give anyone your account and pass for bigpoint then you will have no problems.Same works for normal login don't tell anyone your login,password,email you use and you'll be good.
D11M

Next

Return to Technical support