Unable to buy Souls

This is the area about reporting bugs or when you have technical problems.

Re: Unable to buy Souls

Postby Azmeera » Tue 18. Feb 2014, 10:53

Technically, it was something that could happen on any game, anywhere. The (very oversimplified) explanation is that when you go online, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) assigns your computer an IP address. All computers using the Internet have an IP address--it's how they find each other to send information to each other.

IP addresses also correspond to geographic areas. It is not unusual for games or other sites to use your IP to determine what country you are physically based in, and thus what services are or are not available. The problem is that depending on how your ISP assigns IPs and what service the game or site uses to resolve the geographic location, sometimes the result they get is incorrect. I know that when I visit various websites that automatically detect my location, where they think I am varies and can be as far away from my actual location as a six hour drive. That includes parts of Canada, and I do occasionally get the message that some service I'm trying to access is only available to residents of the United States. That's annoying since I AM a resident of the United States.

So when I read RogueElf's posts, it occurred to me that she might be running into something similar. I suggested that she test it by using a free webproxy to change her IP address, and told her about a specific one she could use to come from a Chicago IP. She did me one better and went German on me. ;)
Azmeera, Death's Behest
Click here to give me gold and support my evil domination.
Azmeera

Postby Uiqua » Wed 19. Feb 2014, 15:35

Glad, that this is solved!

I just can repeat saying that i'm sorry about that issue. But it doesn't lay in our hands because we have no influence on BigPoint directly.

Greetings,

Uiqua
Uiqua
Administrator

Postby GYNDE » Mon 3. Mar 2014, 04:18

Where did you go to get the "GERMAN IP ADDRESS"?

I am having the same problem on the German Server.
Though I am here in NYC...
I click on the "soulmaster" it takes me to a page which says:

Sorry, there are no products set up in your country

So I can not buy souls on the German server.

Still works on the English server..... So I guess they want my money here......

Not a good way to keep customers, if you ask me....
Last edited by GYNDE on Mon 3. Mar 2014, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby Azmeera » Mon 3. Mar 2014, 07:09

I'm not sure what service RogueElf used, but I did a Google search for "German web proxy server" and got several results. The first one on the list was http://www.4proxy.de/. I just put the address for the German version of DoE in the box on that site and clicked Browse and it went to the DoE site no problem. I didn't log in and test it since I don't have a character that's high enough level on that server to do so.

As always, you may want to poke around and read more on the site before you use it, or you may want to use another one. I have no experience with it so I can't say I recommend it. :)

Let me know if this info helps though. If not, I'll try to come up with something else.
Azmeera, Death's Behest
Click here to give me gold and support my evil domination.
Azmeera

Postby Uiqua » Mon 3. Mar 2014, 10:33

Hi everyone,

we gave this issue to Paymentwall.

As soon as I know more, I'll give you feedback.

Greetings,

Uiqua
Uiqua
Administrator

Postby GYNDE » Mon 3. Mar 2014, 16:12

Ok..

So _today_ it seems that the SOul purchase is working...

Interesting....

Thank you...

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby Uiqua » Mon 3. Mar 2014, 16:30

Hi Gynde!

Yes, we got the feedback from Paymentwall a few minutes ago. There was an error for the US packages.

Now it should work as intended :-)

Greetings,

Uiqua
Uiqua
Administrator

Postby woepsie » Fri 1. Aug 2014, 19:00

Good day :)

I tried to buy souls for the 2nd German server, but got an error message. It happens when i have the English/German/Dutch languages selected. I select the payment system (iDeal bank transfer), the amount of souls (none of your business hehe), and then press the big green "buy" button. I get this message:

Payment system was blocked for you.
Dear User,

If you believe this is a mistake, please email us at verifyme@paymentwall.com with subject "Payment system blocked - My ID XXXXXXXX".

The verification process we have in place is to combat fraudulent activity and to make sure there are no problems. We apologize for all the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,
Paymentwall Team.

In German:

Das Bezahlsystem wurde für Sie geblockt..
Lieber Kunde,

Falls Sie glauben, dass die angezeigte Fehlermeldung falsch ist können Sie unseren support unter verifyme@paymentwall.com erreichen. Bitte verwenden Sie "Bezahlungssystem gesperrt - meine ID XXXXXXX" im Betreff..

Der Bestätigungsprozess dient zum Schutz vor Misbrauch. Wir entschuldigen uns für die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten.

Vielen Dank.,
Paymentwall Team.

I changed the ID thingy to XXXXXX, in reality it has numbers and symbols. I get to the iDeal login page without problems on DE S1 and EN servers. There is 1 email address to rule them all.

My question is, is this legit?
woepsie

Previous

Return to Technical support