No general settings

This is the area about reporting bugs or when you have technical problems.

Re: No general settings

Postby ionut675 » Wed 8. Jan 2014, 08:26

If i delete my acount from there (if that will be posible ),how will i login again in the game ???
Becouse we login to the BIgPoint Portal.
ionut675

Postby st0rm » Wed 8. Jan 2014, 08:49

ionut675 wrote:If i delete my acount from there (if that will be posible ),how will i login again in the game ???
Becouse we login to the BIgPoint Portal.

Why not use the MoonID portal? It's easier and safer ... no problems whatsoever. :)

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby ionut675 » Wed 8. Jan 2014, 10:51

its a litle bit too late no ???
ionut675

Postby woepsie » Thu 9. Jan 2014, 19:22

:lol:

Now look what you did st0rm!
*tries to calm down ionut*

I play through no portal, i go straight to the source baby yeah! http://www.s1.daysofevil.com/
woepsie

Postby st0rm » Thu 9. Jan 2014, 20:32

woepsie wrote:I play through no portal, i go straight to the source baby yeah! http://www.s1.daysofevil.com/

Or that ... I was playing other games on MoonID portal when DoE came along and got me hooked for good. :)
st0rm

Postby Dutchie » Fri 10. Jan 2014, 11:24

Uiqua wrote:Hi Azmeera,

this occures because you play Days of Evil via the BigPoint portal. BigPoint players must delete their account on the BigPoint page.

Greetings,

Uiqua

Bigpoint is a portal. If you delete the portal you can't log in anymore. You need a login password to login directly, but the email used for bigpoint does't work for recovery.
Dutchie

Postby Azmeera » Fri 10. Jan 2014, 22:19

So after several days of back and forth with Bigpoint, including me sending them an email with multiple screenshots to prove that a) their directions for deleting were completely inaccurate, b) clicking on delete for my DoE account did nothing, and c) clicking on delete for my entire Bigpoint account merely took me to the support form to fill out to tell them what my problem was, the result is... not much. They had me answer a whole bunch of questions about my DoE account and tried to delete it for me and couldn't. The last thing I got from them today said:

"Hello,

I am afraid I don't have great news for you, I am terribly sorry. We are not able to cancel Days of Evil accounts, you will need to try to delete it from your Bigpoint account. Please try again in a few working days, the issue has been reported and hopefully fixed very soon.

I truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

So I'll try to delete the extra character again in a few days, but since Bigpoint seems incompetent, I'm expecting this to actually work around the 30th of Never.

And frankly, if I weren't already level 13 on Azmeera, I'd attempt to delete her (ha) and start fresh directly from the DoE website. :P Hope no one else who plays through Bigpoint actually wants to delete.
Azmeera, Death's Behest
Click here to give me gold and support my evil domination.
Azmeera

Postby woepsie » Sat 11. Jan 2014, 01:10

Oh, this is what you're trying to do with the screenshots! I bet you a 100,000 dried fish it won't work. I'm confident enough to put the deadline at the next St. Neversday. But remember: screenshot or it didn't happen :)
woepsie

Postby Azmeera » Sat 11. Jan 2014, 05:37

But remember: screenshot or it didn't happen

Ah, the creed of tech support. Trust me, I've learned it well over the years.

It did stop them from simply telling me that their support didn't delete accounts and follow these directions to do it myself (with a list of instructions that bore no resemblance to reality). I count that as a minor success. The next email they sent me after my step-by-step description of everything I'd tried (with the screenshots to prove it) started with "Thank you for providing all these details, and I apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you." and went on to say "In the meantime, we can cancel your account, as portal accounts cannot be completely deleted. To cancel an account we require the following information..."

Except then they tried it and apparently couldn't. :P

For the record, I'm not taking that bet. I really don't want to spend the next month making dried fish for you. (Besides, did you not hear about my cooking skills?)
Azmeera, Death's Behest
Click here to give me gold and support my evil domination.
Azmeera

Previous

Return to Technical support