Troll Market not Paying

This is the area about reporting bugs or when you have technical problems.

Re: Troll Market not Paying

Postby DiannaDark » Wed 15. Jan 2014, 00:26

Postby Uiqua » Tue 7. Jan 2014, 05:37

Hi everyone,

as Woepsie already said:

The gold is transferred to you before hitting the back button. The troll market works fine ;-)

Greetings,

Uiqua

It works for us, shut up and go away has been the response so far.
<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

C'est une vie de pirate pour moi. Buvez mes cœurs. Yo ho !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VmwODZkVU
DiannaDark

Postby Azmeera » Wed 15. Jan 2014, 01:41

woepsie, skip this post. It's probably too "nerdy" for you again. It might make you question your lineage or something. *rolls her eyes*

Okay. Break down the problem. There are two people currently seeing occasional problems with the Troll Market not giving them money. There are two possible explanations for this.

1) The Troll Market is broken and occasionally rips people off and only two people have noticed.

2) The Troll Market is operating okay, though it does return the money immediately upon hitting sell for some items and after hitting back for others. This makes it sometimes appear as though it has not given the correct money for a sale depending on when you are used to looking at the amounts.

So how do you decide where the problem is and what to do about it?

If the problem is #1, you spend a lot of time looking through code to find the problem. It's a pain in the rear to fix, but hopefully you eventually find it and fix it.

If the problem is #2, there is nothing to fix. You explain that it sometimes returns money immediately and sometimes after hitting back and hope they now catch the results each time.

If you're a game developer who has to allocate your time to writing and fixing a lot of code, you don't want to spend hours looking for a bug that may or may not exist when there are lots of things you need to do that definitely exist (like whatever that apostrophe thing has going on).

So the responsible thing to do is: Until such a time that more people report the bug so it is a more highly verified phenomenon (the more details reported, the better--what were you selling? how much? how much gold did you have before selling at the troll market? how much gold did you have after you hit back?), or until you have proof such as description of what happened plus screenshots (which are really nice-shows it happening!) and you are sure it exists, you assume it is option #2.

That doesn't necessarily mean it IS option 2 or that the two players are wrong, but that in the grand scheme of things if there's no proof apart from their perception and it isn't impacting a significant number of players, you cannot justify hours looking for something.

Does that help explain why you're getting the same sort of responses, Demi? It's mostly that from the perspective of the people who have to fix it, the time and labor are better spent elsewhere right now for problems that they have more concrete leads on and that are affecting large numbers of players. Again, frustrating, I know. :x
Azmeera, Death's Behest
Click here to give me gold and support my evil domination.
Azmeera

Postby DiannaDark » Wed 15. Jan 2014, 01:52

I always send Uiqua a message, that is to get my stuff back or get it
fixed.

I like to post problems I have so other guys who play the game can see them.

So few of the guys who play the game come here, or if they do, they don't post.

You see the post here, they are from a dozen or so guys.

I will continue to post problems here, ridiculed, called a liar, whatever, to help other guys who may notice the same problem.

Sell items to the Troll in Lots of less than 20000 items.

I do.

<3

DiannaDark

Postby st0rm » Wed 15. Jan 2014, 10:26

Further checking out the issue with TM, I managed to figure out that when selling the basic products (first line: water, wood, stone, fish) the gold is automatically transferred when pressing "sell". For the other products, changing daily (or any other day, for that matter), the gold gets transferred upon pressing the "back" button (the next step after "sell").
I sold various amounts ranging from 1 item to 999999 (odd that one can't sell 1 mil. of the same product at once) and got the above mentioned results.

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby DiannaDark » Wed 15. Jan 2014, 17:35

Maybe it is working now.

I will keep selling items on the Troll Pirate's Market 19999 at a time or less, in lots.

I know without question sometimes it did not Give me any Gold and for Tatsuki did the same.

No one's responses have satisfied me.

Repeating the same tests now and continuing to give me the same answer will not help.

Keep doing that, if you are bored.

<3

DiannaDark

Postby Azmeera » Wed 15. Jan 2014, 22:36

Actually, I think what st0rm was doing was twofold:

1) continuing to test the TM to make sure it never played Pirate for him. Remember, since he is a player and moderator, it's not like he can read through code to try to find bugs.

2) figure out any variances in exactly how the TM works. Even if you don't care, I find such things interesting and helpful to know. :) It may come into play for someone else's problem later. I certainly didn't know which items got gold immediately upon hitting sell and which waited until you hit back, so that was new info for me.

So please don't bite his head off. No, he didn't provide a solution for you, but he is trying to help. He is continuing to test and report results, whether they are results you like or not, and he is giving us more insight into how the TM operates. That isn't a bad thing. Also, his head probably isn't very tasty.

*hugs and beers all around, except for that tricksy troll at the troll market*
Az
Azmeera, Death's Behest
Click here to give me gold and support my evil domination.
Azmeera

Previous

Return to Technical support