Odds and Ends in need of changing :)

This is the area about reporting bugs or when you have technical problems.

Odds and Ends in need of changing :)

Postby Ares » Thu 2. Jan 2014, 13:59

There's still a few things, introduced by patches and updates, that I don't yet quite get. First off - the Troll Market resets daily but doesn't seem to change much. Not considering the four main products, who never change, the rest doesn't change much either. I've had for example Two-handed Axe, Goat, Ebony Bow and Novice Rod on offer for several days after several resets, while Leather, Healing Elixirs and Turnips haven't been on offer FOREVER. Ore doesn't come around much either - 4, maybe 5 resets before it finally reappeared today. My question is HOW exactly does the system decide what you should be able to sell on the TM when resetting, and also if the offers are specific to each player, or the same for all players on the server? In case they are player-specific, does it matter how much of a given item you have on stock, like for example - ''the more you have, the lesser the chance to sell it" :P

The other thing I found overdone by a patch is the Guild Leader-safe mode. Our fearless leader has been gone for a LONG time, so we basically have a ghost for a leader, while active players, deserving of a promotion and a chance to do more to advance the guild, stay ordinary members. The Autumn Update makes it impossible to remove an inactive Guild leader, but perhaps a compromise can be made, like a "nomination" system for example - 2 or 3 councelors nominating the leader for demotion with a 24 hour rethink window, after which if nominations still stand, the system automatically demotes him/her to normal player. The other (a little bit more complicated) option is a voting system for a guild leader(I vote st0rm :D)
Ares

Re: Odds and Ends in need of changing :)

Postby DiannaDark » Thu 2. Jan 2014, 15:51

The Troll Market does not update the things on it, make it random and update every thing.

I am a Guild Leader so I have a different view of the Counselors having the ability to demote the Guild Leader.

However the Guild Leader should be there.

The same goes for the Counselors.

If a Guild Leader or a Counselor does not log on for three weeks he should be automatically be demoted to normal player.

That way if their computer was busted or they were on vacation, they would stay leader.

I can see this possibly stripping a Guild of all management, the default should be one. Always keep one as Leader.

As for counselors being able to remove the Guild Leader, I think if you give them that power, it should have to be the vote of all three, within a one week period, Each week they could all three set the function remove leader and the Leader would become a normal player.

I can see this feature being a bit of a programming job.
<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

C'est une vie de pirate pour moi. Buvez mes cœurs. Yo ho !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VmwODZkVU
DiannaDark

Postby Azmeera » Thu 2. Jan 2014, 18:37

If a Guild Leader or a Counselor does not log on for three weeks he should be automatically be demoted to normal player.

Hey, let people go on vacation sometimes. ;)

Please note I do mean vacation, not "disappear into thin air for an obscenely long time."

--Az
Azmeera, Death's Behest
Click here to give me gold and support my evil domination.
Azmeera

Postby DiannaDark » Thu 2. Jan 2014, 22:02

Ok, make it 30 days.

As always, if the Counselors like the guy, they can give his or her job back to them.

:)
<3

DiannaDark

Postby Ares » Fri 3. Jan 2014, 00:25

sounds reasonable, there already is a 'last online' listing, that can easily be implemented for the 30-day-demote you are offering :) and don't get me wrong, calypso is REALLY likeable so I wouldn't even consider this if he/she weren't also REALLY long gone, like several MONTHS now...
Ares

Postby woepsie » Sat 4. Jan 2014, 13:35

I hope your problem will be fixed Ares, even though your Portalling seems to sustain no damage from having only 3 players to start it :p

Also because having 3 competing guilds is better for the server than 2.
woepsie

Postby DiannaDark » Sun 5. Jan 2014, 17:10

Edit: st0rm
STOP SPAMMING OTHER THREADS!
<3

DiannaDark

Postby st0rm » Mon 6. Jan 2014, 11:23

Ares wrote:The other thing I found overdone by a patch is the Guild Leader-safe mode. Our fearless leader has been gone for a LONG time, so we basically have a ghost for a leader, while active players, deserving of a promotion and a chance to do more to advance the guild, stay ordinary members. The Autumn Update makes it impossible to remove an inactive Guild leader, but perhaps a compromise can be made, like a "nomination" system for example - 2 or 3 councelors nominating the leader for demotion with a 24 hour rethink window, after which if nominations still stand, the system automatically demotes him/her to normal player. The other (a little bit more complicated) option is a voting system for a guild leader

I would have to agree on that. When a person is long gone, he/she could be removed from the leadership of the guild so that new active people could be promoted (unless that person resigns before leaving). The voting of the counselors to replace the leader would be much welcome.
Another thing I would like to see implemented is the online status (last online) of the guild leadership so that regular members could see how often the leaders are online (leading by example). At the same time it would be easier for counselors and guild leader to see how often one of us is online.
During the past few days I have noticed that System messages in the Guild page tend to skip some actions like sending army to the portal, attacking territories, the outcome of the territory attack (be it win or lose). Maybe it'll get fixed soon as I am sure it's nothing more but a server glitch.

woepsie wrote:I hope your problem will be fixed Ares, even though your Portalling seems to sustain no damage from having only 3 players to start it :p

Thank you for noticing. :)

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Return to Technical support