Icon disapearrance

This is the area about reporting bugs or when you have technical problems.

Re: Icon disapearrance

Postby Azmeera » Thu 19. Dec 2013, 21:15

Curious... Was this done not to overwhelm new players, or as a game design decision? For example, when I look at the changes, I could maybe see it as part of an overall plan to help disperse content over the levels to encourage people to keep leveling and playing so that the game keeps offering them something new as they level, rather than getting everything at once.

I have some thoughts and comments on that (of course *grins*), but I'd rather wait for the Amazing Uiqua and hear if this was intentional and the reasoning before I bore everyone to tears.

Except woepsie. I'll bore him to tears just for commenting on my avatar's bare midriff. :P
Azmeera

Postby PhetCadet » Sat 21. Dec 2013, 23:55

I'm having this problem too, though it was just a glitch tbh. But in my inventory screen it still allows me to send stuff to my guild. My research button disappeared for a bit too but that came back :/
PhetCadet

Postby Azmeera » Fri 27. Dec 2013, 22:33

It would be really nice to have an official response to this.

Don't get me wrong, st0rm is awesome. He's a keeper. But he can't always give us the official reasoning behind changes, tell us if they were intentional, or give us an estimation as to when bugs will be fixed.

I realize that with the holidays, things are busy, but a quick, "I'm alive, that's noted, and I'll get back to you on that. With the holidays we're a little short-staffed and I don't have the time to type out a full reply on our reasons, but it was/was not intentional." would have been appreciated.

Okay. I'll now go back to taking it out on some imps instead of the developers. :o

[Note: I missed the fact that Uiqua did log in and respond to the Winter Update thread, so if you read the first version of this post, I want to say I was wrong. Mea culpa for missing the response and being unreasonably grouchy.]
Azmeera

Postby Uiqua » Mon 30. Dec 2013, 11:57

Hello everyone,

we think this issue over and give you feedback on the beginning of january.

Greetings,

Uiqua
Uiqua
Administrator

Postby GYNDE » Mon 30. Dec 2013, 15:03

I think that not allowing folks under level 10 ( and REALLY penalizing those who were already members of a guild - who were learning the game; being encouraged and helped but older members - by , without warning, making is so they could not not get into their guild - something they have paid for), is:

1-A Total Bust
2- Not a good Idea
3- Dumm
4- Die dümmste Idee in der neuesten Upgrade

AND - at least on THIS server, everyone seems to reject this idea, on this thread and at least two other threads on this Board.

Questions which have not been answered:

1- WHY did you choose to make level 10 a requirement? Why change it?
2- Did you not take into consideration those who were under level 10 who had joined a guild?
3- Why does it take over a week to have any responses to questions? (Is there a way to add someone, to assist in answering questions?)

All in all, please lower the "Join guild level" back to say Level 3; You can leave the "Start-Guild" where it is.

The Thunderdome issue is another matter. Before the December upgrade when did you get thunderdome? ANd now it's Level 15?

GYNDE(here)/GENDY(in-game)

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby Azmeera » Tue 31. Dec 2013, 22:10

Azmeera's thoughts on the guild level change, for Uiqua and other admins:

1. There are already people who are under level 10 in guilds. They paid guild entrance costs. This broke their ability to use the guilds with no warning. It is also much harder for people like Gendy to help their low-level guildmates.

2. This destroys newbie guilds, like Demi's. Any guilds formed with the express intent of helping new players adapt to the game now cannot accept the very players they want to help. You are in effect limiting the purpose of guilds rather than letting guild members choose the purpose.

3. Many new players find guilds extremely helpful in learning how to play DoE. By limiting guilds to level 10 and above, you are cutting off one of the most effective sources of advice and encouragement for young players. Rather than overwhelming them, guilds may serve as the thing that gets and keeps players going in the right direction long after they would have given up on this game on their own. You can have as many forums and tutorials as you want, but some people will always prefer to ask another person. Guilds are perfect for that.

4. Guilds should be considered important for player retention. People are more likely to continue to play games where they are socially invested and feel they have friends. This is more likely to occur in a guild, where a player can have regular contact with the same group of people, than when a player is forced to play alone and make contacts on his or her own.

5. If the point if the change was to spread out content over the levels to encourage players to keep playing and keep achieving, I support that idea but would request that you change guilds back and instead add more content to spread. I'm sure players would be happy to brainstorm possibilities and work with you.

Overall, I know that you work very hard on DoE and that it is frustrating when players do not like a change. At the same time, although a change may be well-intentioned, not all changes work out for the best. I hope you realize that I appreciate everything you do, and the criticism I offer is in the hopes of creating a better game (at least in my opinion).

Cheers,
Az
Azmeera

Postby DiannaDark » Tue 31. Dec 2013, 23:05

Thank you so much, Azmeera.

That is precisely what I meant, though your words are so much more eloquent than mine.

Happy New Year.
<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

C'est une vie de pirate pour moi. Buvez mes cœurs. Yo ho !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VmwODZkVU
DiannaDark

Postby woepsie » Sat 4. Jan 2014, 13:12

I agree with what Azmeera said in her well-structured essay on the subject. I can't argue with that, even though i'd like to. Ah well.

Her avatar hurts my eyes though, i might flag it as inappropriate for this particular game/forum...
Good to see you're leaning German Gendy, if you want i can teach you much more effective words, although usage will be at your own risk of course.
woepsie

Postby GYNDE » Sat 4. Jan 2014, 16:06

Thanks, W.... Ich bin ein Berliner......

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Postby DiannaDark » Sun 5. Jan 2014, 03:21

Thank you guys so much.

I was very upset about the Level Restrictions.

I have gotten over it.

:)

It's a pirate's life for me.
<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

C'est une vie de pirate pour moi. Buvez mes cœurs. Yo ho !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VmwODZkVU
DiannaDark

PreviousNext

Return to Technical support