Obvious Glitch...

This is the area about reporting bugs or when you have technical problems.

Obvious Glitch...

Postby GYNDE » Sun 24. Nov 2013, 23:41

So the Guild Territory battles....

There has to be some sort of glitch in the Combat Model as I am watching guild which can not even win an arena fight against anyone, be able to wrest territories from much more powerful guilds.

SO the quest is, how is this possible?

WHat is the benchmarks for Territory Combat? Is the sytem biased against the defender ( which in "real Life" is not the case, as any siegeing force needs at least twice the resources to overcome an entrenched foe)?

Is it Ferocity Points? Honor points? HP and DEF AND ATK points? Combination of being out on a portal raid, so that "in theory" there would be no-one left at the castle to defend it? I would accept that as an answer.

But there is no reason for anything in the territory.

I have seen a superior guild defending a territory, with 500 ferocity, 100% HP and morale lose to an attacker with less than 1/2 the army point. Guild armies who can't even win one Guild Arena fight are winning territory fights. HOW can this be?

Common sense and the rest of the FIghts in DOE are all based on points - The arena, Dungeons, Raids are all based on how many points you have versus your opponents. There is nothing to indicate in the rules, that Territory fights would be different. IF they are different, that means that the system is "fixed". or "not fair".
SO if it is "fixed Fight" that would be nice to know..... Because that would explain why it is so lopsided.
Also, It would give better planning for future fights.
If it is fixed so that an attacker will have the advantage ( which is not correct), then there also needs to be an abandoned button, so that real hardworking guilds can take advantage of this "bug" the same way weak guilds are now.

This has been being asked for the last week or so and no-one wishes to explain.

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Re: Obvious Glitch...

Postby D11M » Mon 25. Nov 2013, 03:02

This is what i know.

It is also based on attacks thwarted(your army becomes weaker with every attack defended),so technically with enough of those even an army with 40 Orcs can beat an army of 40 Raleshils.

It doesn't matter if your army is on a portal during attack we were defending territories even when our army wasn't at home.

Some people say that your army loses strength over time when you hold a territory it is not sure for me cause i can't remember reading such a thing during when the update was posted or in the comments of Uiqua.

Don't forget that not your full army fights so there is always a chance that the enemies strongest units were fighting your guild weakest army units.

Hope it helped a little.
D11M

Postby st0rm » Mon 25. Nov 2013, 07:51

When attacking a territory 40 of the guild army best warriors are selected, so the chance of a lower level strong unit fighting against a higher level weak unit is almost impossible.
The only scenario that makes sense at the moment, besides the glitch, is the fact that the longer an army holds a territory, the weaker it becomes. Although this would be a welcome turn of events so that to avoid the same guilds holding territories forever, I didn't find any mention of such changes anywhere.

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby D11M » Mon 25. Nov 2013, 10:33

You are wrong st0rm.

"Territorial Battles
A new world has been discovered in the middle of the sea – a giant archipelago filled with treasures. This archipelago is divided into numerous territories that can be occupied by guilds. Naturally, an occupied territory also has to be protected from new attacks. Every territory has different treasures that can be recovered, and in the interest of game balance, players can only attack a territory with an army of 30 randomly selected units."

You need a minimum of 40 army to be able to participate,and 30 random units from them are chosen to attack(random not strongest).
D11M

Postby st0rm » Mon 25. Nov 2013, 10:36

D11M wrote:You are wrong st0rm.
You need a minimum of 40 army to be able to participate,and 30 random units from them are chosen to attack(random not strongest).

Yup, my mistake. I was thinking about Arena fights ... don't know why.

Cheers,
st0rm
st0rm

Postby Redles » Tue 26. Nov 2013, 04:22

D11M wrote:You need a minimum of 40 army to be able to participate,and 30 random units from them are chosen to attack(random not strongest).

That doesn't necessarily answer the question.
There are specific instances where battles have been won by far weaker armies, where the selection of 30 random army units would not have made a difference.

Which leads to the "debilitation" theory
I guess it would make sense, If an army debilitates over time when holding a territory.

If that is the case, it defeats the whole purpose and aspect of a guild. Guilds are supposed to work together and make something great. If your guild army isn't strong enough to win battles or territories...tough luck. That only means that the guild needs rally up and make something happen. It would only improve the competitiveness of the game, which is not a bad thing at all. Things should not be given to you, they should be earned.
134/140
Redles

Postby D11M » Tue 26. Nov 2013, 06:46

Can't say for sure.We need Uiqua to answer if the guild army loses strength over time.

Does that guild always win?maybe you had attacks defended which sure lower your guild army strength or maybe they hit when your guild army was not with full HP and morale?

Can't say for sure about that a lot weaker guild you are talking about because even if they have lower tier units they can have some good equipment on them to compensate it,i saw orcs that beated tears of sun with low equips on stats.

Let's hope Uiqua will give us a little more details how exactly the guild battles work in territories.

P.S. Try to message someone in the guild you mentioned and ask them to give you info on their stats on their units,if he will do it then you can do some math and compare your guild 30 weakest units to their 30 strongest units.
D11M

Postby Redles » Tue 26. Nov 2013, 10:09

Uiqua's response to this matter should be interesting considering all the various factors that might have a play in this.
134/140
Redles

Postby D11M » Tue 26. Nov 2013, 14:45

Well,at least he will tell us if everything works as it is planed and name the factors that influence the Territories battles outcome.
D11M

Postby GYNDE » Fri 6. Dec 2013, 20:46

Still no word. This is starting to get real irritating.

GYNDE(IN-THE-FORUM)/GENDY (IN-GAME)
Ch 2 complete - November, 23, 2013 LVL 25 - Deified Ruler of the World - April 10, 2014
Chapter 3 completed - June 25, 2014 - Path to Fame - completed - July 13, 2014
DEMON SHRINE - MORT - May 24, 2015
GYNDE

Next

Return to Technical support