Are you new to the game ? Post hints here.

Here's the place, where you can talk about all different kind of stuff.

Re: Are you new to the game ?

Postby DiannaDark » Wed 1. Jan 2014, 17:34

http://www.o1.daysofevil.com/index.php/tutorial.html

From Days of Evil Online Help:

For educational purposes only

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Mech

Can a mech be equipped with multiple parts of the same time?

Yes, this is possible. Two AK50s or three exoskeletons – any combination is conceivable.

How can I mount or replace parts on the mech?

Click on the window in which you want to install the new piece of gear and then select the piece of equipment you desire. Important: you cannot simply expand parts, you also need a new equipment piece in your inventory.

The weapon I researched isn't showing up on the mech!

You first have to research the new technology (weapon or equipment) so that you can commission it from your engineers.

Economy

What happens when you expand a building? Does it produce more?

For many buildings, expanding that building unlocks new goods. The productivity of the building in and of itself doesn't increase. But you can always put more imps to work, which in turn produces more goods.

How many imps can I deploy for each stage of the building?

For the first stage it's 5, for the second 15 and for the third you can apply 30 imps.

How many buildings of a given type can I build?

Raw materials:
Well (max. 5), farm (max. 3), fisherman's hut (max. 5), woodcutter's hut (max. 5), mine (max. 5), quarry (max. 5), cattle yard (max. 3)
Supplies:
Distillery (max. 3), butchery (max. 3)
Handicrafts:
(all max. 3): tannery, foundry, woodworker's workshop, stonemason
Weaponsmiths and armorers:
max. 2
Engineer:
max. 1

What does it cost to expand a building?

Beyond wood, water and other goods, expansion also always costs gold and raw materials. The formula is quite simple:

Building costs for stage 1 = x gold and raw materials
Building costs for stage 2 = 10 * x gold and raw materials
Building costs for stage 3 = 25 * x gold and raw materials

Sell

Where can I sell my goods?

Marketplace

All players have the option of placing their goods on sale here for a price they choose. You can click on a given type of good and sort by price.

Troll market

The troll buys and sells specific goods here. He always buys and sells wood, stone, water and fish. Watch the marketplace, since you can sometimes earn more gold by selling here. Wood and water are always in strong demand!

Once you reach level 10, the troll also buys from a range of eight goods that rotate daily. You can earn a great deal of gold this way! Sometimes it takes a while until the good that you are producing is back in demand, but the profit margins, certain sale and absence of fees during buying and selling are major points in favor of the troll.

Contracts

You can also negotiate contracts with other players. Simply contact them and ask them if they need more wood or whatever you've got in surplus. If you can negotiate a price, you'll then issue contracts.

There are separate sections in the forum for Offers (sell) and Requests (buy) – use these to determine who's looking to buy or sell. A commission is due for all type of sales, but the commission is reduced from 15 to 5% through contracts.

Travelling merchant

This is DoE's one-man commodity exchange. Fixed goods are sold all the time for prices that rise or fall daily. If you do business with the merchant, he'll require an amount of time to sell the merchandise in proportion to the volume of goods you give him.

It's a good way to sell off your excess production of things like dried fish or statues; it may take a while, though, so treat it as a savings account with a certain amount of interest.

How do I sell?

If you look in your inventory you'll find four symbols below each type of merchandise. The first is intended to place the good on the marketplace, the second is for contracts, the third for donations to the guild and the fourth for looking for that type of good on the marketplace.

Do I have to pay fees?

All types of sales excepting the troll market involve a fee. For contracts the commission is cut from 15 to 5%. This commission is dropped for all types of sales for premier account holders.

How can I sort the goods and players on the marketplace?

The sorting function has two special features. The first click sorts the prices from lowest to highest. Click it again to go from highest to lowest. You can also sort the players from A-Z or Z-A to see if a player is offering multiple types of merchandise. This works both for individual types of goods as well as in the general overview.

Gold

To acquire gold as quickly as possible — a necessity to continue expanding your production and your army — you'll have to start by quarrying stone and selling it on the troll market. Buy imps and ramp up your stone excavation for even greater sales on the troll market.

Build all of your raw material buildings up to level 1 and set them to work, selling the surplus on the troll market. The benefit of the troll is that you get gold immediately and don't have to pay advance fees. For some goods you can earn a lot more profit on the marketplace:

For beginners in particular it can be thoroughly lucrative to offer wood and water to the more advanced players, since these raw materials are scarcer in the more advanced stages of the game and can collect far higher prices than the troll is willing to pay. Do remember to factor in the commission, though!

Ore is one of the rotating goods that the troll buys only at certain times, but the profit margin makes it highly lucrative. If you can afford to do so, you should produce it.

Serfs

Why do I need serfs, and where do I get them?

You need serfs to expand your army. Serfs can only be seized during plundering raids, not in dungeons. This is not guaranteed for each raid, though. In some cases you can go 48 hours or longer without finding one.

Please note that serfs are not shown with an image like other plunder but rather are only mentioned in the text: "Sensing a strong presence, your army found a serf whose physical and mental characteristics could withstand a harrowing training regiment and make him into a plus for your army."

Battle

What are battles?

Beyond the actions "Raid," "Dungeon" and "Boss Fight" there's another option for deploying your army: arena battles. You can go toe-to-toe with other players and earn honor points and gold in the event of a victory.

What's the best way to approach a battle?

Once you manage the achievements "Audience Favorite II" or "Day Hard II" you can take a break from the fights, since at that point you can only earn *honor points* and nothing else. You have to fight 10 battles of 6 minutes apiece to slake you're army's ferocity.

When you're first getting started, this time should instead be used on raids or dungeons. There are benefits to entering into battles, though: there's no need to heal your army, and you receive some gold if you win.

Last edited by DiannaDark on Fri 10. Jan 2014, 15:04, edited 4 times in total.
<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

C'est une vie de pirate pour moi. Buvez mes cœurs. Yo ho !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VmwODZkVU
DiannaDark

Postby DiannaDark » Wed 1. Jan 2014, 17:36

The Days of Evil Tutorial

For educational purposes only.

Tutorial

Welcome to Days of Evil!
As already mentioned in the story, the player in Days of Evil faces the happy task of subjugating this new world to his evil whims and rising to the role of an all-powerful, invincible deity.

You achieve this goal by harnessing together a powerful army from the strongest and most terrifying creatures found on this planet and using them to sweep your various enemies and competitors out of your path. Streamline your production to develop new technologies and then research and produce powerful weapons and artifacts.

To attain a deified status you'll have to send your army to some sinister locations and cast down legendary creatures to claim the magical artifacts found there.

The next steps will present the most important basic functions of Days of Evil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fortress
The fortress is the hub of your future empire.

It contains not just key information about your level progress, interesting announcements and reports from allied players, but also an overview of the unfinished quests that are available to you.

You'll also find the rankings here to understand where you stack up in terms of strength and power, as well as your collection of rare trophies that provide you with extra level points.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quests
To obtain the favor of important persons, a key step to gaining influence, you should help them resolve their various problems.

In many cases this is no more than helping out with a few minor deliveries of goods. Each quest that you successfully complete provide you both gold and crucial level points.

Mech
This section is all about the crown jewel of your fighting forces — your mech, which you brought with you from your home world to pursue a campaign of fear and terror on this planet.

Equip your mech with devastating weapons and nasty add-ons to create an invincible fighting machine. Repairs and refueling of your mech can also be ordered here.

Army
To get the most out of your army you'll need to outfit the individual units of your army with powerful weapons and equipment.

The overview shows you both your normal units as well as your epic units that you have won to your cause through victories over their former masters.

Give your army enough to eat to keep their morale up and heal it when it returns wounded from a battle.

Serfs are the basic units that you can train into various unit types.

Actions
As the commander of a blood-thirsty army composed of the mech and your troops, you can issue orders that build up your wealth and power:

Raid
Send your hordes out to burn and plunder the surrounding lands. They'll seize anything they find that could have value for your empire.

Dungeons
The new world is full of storied areas and places. Command your army to search them for treasures and mysterious artifacts of unimaginable value. But be careful — deadly threats lurk in these places.

Bosses
Powerful beings such as old gods, dragons and demons live in your realm. Banish them from this realm and claim their underlings for your own army as epic units. But be forewarned: these battles will test your army to the utmost!

Battle
Just as the Romans of your world held gladiator battles for their amusement, you can send your own units into the arena to face the creatures of other dark overlords.

If you win, you'll rise in the battle rankings and receive a victory prize as well.

Production
To realize your plans to become the most powerful ruler of this planet you'll need a functional production basis.

Beyond foodstuffs and tradable commodities, your primary focus should be on the development of new technologies for your mech and the production of deadly weapons and powerful equipment for your army.

To commission a building to produce a given type of good, simply click on the relevant building and enter the volume of the desired commodity. Don't forget to assign imps, since they supply the building with raw materials.

Beyond the overview of your existing buildings, you also have the option to build new buildings or expand existing ones.

Inventory
The inventory provides an overview of which raw materials, commodities, weapons and equipment you have in your possession.

There are a variety of symbols below the different types of goods. Clicking on the sack of gold puts the goods up for sale at the marketplace. The envelope symbol sends your goods to other players as part of a contract; the magnifying glass is used to see how much gold you could potentially earn for a given commodity by checking prices on the marketplace.

Trade
As the name suggests, this menu is used to buy or sell goods. The following options exist:

Marketplace
Players can place goods on the marketplace to sell them to other players. You too can sell goods you don't need as soon as you reach level 2. To offer a product for sale on the marketplace, click on the sack of gold next to that product in your inventory and then specify a volume and sales price.

Travelling merchant
You can commission the travelling merchant to offer your commodities for sale in other cities. Do remember that it takes time for the merchant to travel to the next city.

Contracts
To sell your goods to a specific player, send it to him through a contract. If he accepts the contract, and with it your merchandise, you'll then receive gold for it.

Imp dealer
Imps handle the menial labor in Days of Evil. The more imps you own, the quicker you can produce.

Research
Research is dedicated to improving your army to be more deadly. There are two different main categories of research:
Mech
You can research new mech types, primary weapons and add-ons for your mech here.

Army
In the Army category you can select between researching different types of units as well as increasing the attack and defensive power of your entire army by training them in new battle tactics.
<3

DiannaDark

Postby DiannaDark » Wed 1. Jan 2014, 21:53

As a response to Guys and Girls with new accounts who may need some help with the Game.

Especially Guys that are less than level 10 who can not join a Guild and may need some help with instructions:

If you have any question or problem at all in the Game you can contact DemiFan in the Game, I do not care what level you are or whether you are in my Guild or another Guild or not in a Guild, I will do what I can.

I am willing to research any problem you have.

If you think you have a bug, I will take it to Technical Support, if you want.

I will tell you how to reach any Quest or do anything in the Game, it may take me a bit of time sometimes.

One for all and all for one.

It's a pirate's life for me.

Happy New Year.
<3

DiannaDark

Postby DiannaDark » Fri 3. Jan 2014, 15:56

The Idea for this was to help Level 1 to 10 guys just starting in the Game.

I have added an invisible Guild to the Game.

Now the Game is also for Freedom to play as you want. It's a pirate's life for me. Now you can join a Guild that cares only about it's members. One for all and all for one. Nothing else. Just helping each other move forward and level up in the Game.

As a true leader, I have learned to deligate. I have a volunteer to be Captain. Before he gains some sense and takes back his offer , I give him the invisible and illegal guild.

Deathavan has ownership and responsibility of the rum and the invisible Guild.

I am the temporarily the First Mate. I hope we have a volunteer for that postilion, soon.

These are the Guidelines which will be rewritten soon,probably.

The response from Technical Support has not been fast enough for me.

As a response to Guys and Girls with new accounts who may need some help with the Game.

Now you have to be level 10 to join a Guild.

In response to that, at any Level you can join Hawk's Charter Member Guild.

It is an invisible Guild of players who have learned the " hi " sign and the secret handshake and promised to join Hawk's Hell Guild when the New and Improved Game will let them. We have members, though I am not actively recruiting for this Guild till Feb. 1, 2014. You can join. Contact DemiFan in the Game. The joining Hawk's Hell Guild at level 10 is a guideline and not a rule.

Especially Guys that are less than level 10 who can not join a Guild and may need some help with instructions:

If you have any question or problem at all in the Game you can contact DemiFan in the Game, I do not care what level you are or whether you are in my Guild or another Guild or not in a Guild, I will do what I can.

I am willing to research any problem you have.

If you think you have a bug, I will take it to Technical Support, if you want.

I will tell you how to reach any Quest or do anything in the Game, it may take me a bit of time sometimes.

Do not tell Uiqua or any moderators about this part, it is top secret. We are pirates.

Because our new Guild is completely separate and independent and not bound by any rules or restrictions of The Game, at any Level you can join Hawk's Charter Member Guild. If you are in another Guild you can join, if you are in another Guild, you do not have to join Hawk's Guild. You do have to allow me to give your name to new guys in the Game. Your job is to help them with Daily Quests and answer their Questions about the Game. If you do this in return, you learn the " hi " sign and the Secret Handshake.

Have fun in the Game.

Last edited by DiannaDark on Fri 10. Jan 2014, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
<3

DiannaDark

Postby DiannaDark » Sun 5. Jan 2014, 05:16

I added the Black Scorpion, Chorion to my Epic Units.

I still can not do my Story Quest, move deeper into the dungeons, or do my Boss Fight.

When I complete my next Boss Fight I can move into the Labyrinth.

We will see if I can tomorrow when my Mech has two Big Bertha's.

Good night, guys.

<3

DiannaDark

Postby DiannaDark » Sun 5. Jan 2014, 23:55

Ninja Academy of Pirates, the Secret and Illegal Guild of the English Server in the Game.

Join today an receive a NAP Sword and Uniform, it will cost money in the future. You will be the envy of your friends and neighbors.

Now is an exciting time to join the Ninja Academy of Pirates.

Ninja Academy of Pirates can teach you the secrets that lead to joy and fulfillment in the Game.

We promise to change your life.

You can become a legend in our time.

Be all you can be. Be admired and respected.

Ask not what you can do for the Ninja Academy of Pirates, ask what we can do for you.

Haven't you always wanted to be a Pirate?

If you are level 1 to 9, we guarentee you recieve rewards for your achievement and commitment.

We increase your opportunity to learn and grow, you wil advance in the game at least sixty percent faster and we have free rum,

Be all you can be. We can make you one of the Best Players in the Game. Graduate to Hawk's Academy for Counselors and Leaders after fininshing NAP.

It is not just a school and a secret guild, it is an adventure.

Imagine the wooden deck under your feet, the salt air in your face, the rocking of the waves, and a sword in your hand. It's the pirate's life for me.

But wait, you also get

Leave of Absence when you want
We don't spend the Holidays studying, we spend them drinking rum and singing "It's a pirate's life for me"
Medical, dental, vision insurance,and Free Armors, Weapons, and Potions for all your Army Units
A glow in the dark Spiderman Decoder Ring

If you are Level 10 or above, what we offer you is the opportunity to be a hero. A Legend, today, as soon as your name is entered as a Counselor in the Ninja Academy of Pirates, your name will be known through our the world and you will have a place in history. It is not every day you have such a chance.

(This offer not available on all servers.)
<3

DiannaDark

Postby DiannaDark » Tue 7. Jan 2014, 03:25

Edit:
No need to clutter the thread with useless information. I'm assuming you started it as a way to help new players and not as an opportunity for spam.
Please refrain from doing so in the future. You said too much information clutters your world ... well, this is too much information.

Cheers,
st0rm
<3

DiannaDark

Postby DiannaDark » Tue 7. Jan 2014, 16:54

A decision has been made that will tells us if guys less than level 10 can join a guild, Ninja Academy of Pirates guild stays no matter what the decision would have been.

This is the Decision of Days of Evil.

Furthermore we will decrease the number of needed points to reach level 10 (guild).

If you are less than Level 10, it would be in your best interest to join the Ninja Academy of Pirates. Contact Deathavan, DemiFan, or Tatsuki in the Game to become a member or post in the " NAP Guild Blackboard " , here on the Forum.

The most important rule for our members is Have fun in the Game, our other rules are only Guidelines.

If you join you can contact any of the members of the Ninja Academy of Pirates Guild with questions about the Game or help with Quests.

If you do not choose to join NAP Guild you can contact DemiFan in the Game for Questions or help with Quests.

If you want to see rules, instructions, or hints for the Game, here you can to to " This and That " then to " Are you new to the Game" or " NAP Guild Blackboard" in the Game you can to to Help/Forum then to Help online.

[color=#40FFFF]BladeRaptor of Death's Behest (MORT) Guild is our first Counselor of NAP Guild from a Guild other than Hawk's.

Though many on the English Server appreciate our cause, due to Real Life and other commitments they do not have the time to commit.

Thank you so much BladeRaptor and Redles for your support.

We welcome Counselors and Members from any Guild on the English Server. Our only job is to assist guys in reaching Level 10 so they can join the Guild of their Choice as anyone could, before the upgrade.

[/color]
<3

DiannaDark

Postby DiannaDark » Tue 7. Jan 2014, 23:26

We have our answer from DOE.

Level 1 to 9 guys can not join a Guild.

The Ninja Academy of Pirates is a permanent Feature of the Game.

DemiFan and NAP guild will help Level 1 to 9 players to reach Level 10 so they can join the Guild of their Choice.

Last edited by DiannaDark on Fri 10. Jan 2014, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
<3

DiannaDark

Postby DiannaDark » Fri 10. Jan 2014, 15:02

The Troll Market is busted, sometimes it pays Gold for Items, sometimes it doesn't.

I have to sell stuff there, the Marketplace has been slow since the Upgrade, probably because guys are disgusted with the Level Restrictions.

I sell items in Lots at the Troll market, I advise you do to the Same.

Instead of selling 80000 Stones, or whatever, sell 19999 quite a few times. That way the Pirates at the Troll Market will give you some of the Gold you are trying to get.

Tatsuki DemiFan 10.01.2014

Subject: Troll market

Just makeing a note

In the troll marke me and demi have trouble selling stones over 20k

and i tested this
stones do sell at 20k stones sold
but anything beyond that we dont see any gold returned.

so just makeing sure that no one gets this glitch.

just noteing something im a lil miffed at :P

I will continue to sell items in lots in the Troll market, I have been selling in lots of 30,000 or so, I am going to drop to lots of less than 20000.

Thank you very much for your input.

The Troll Market is still busted and I do not have any faith in the Marketplace Either, I think I will start selling in lots there, too.
[/quote]

<3

DiannaDark

PreviousNext

Return to This and that